• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Bucket List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefton

Herbert Moran (7)
Probably a few reposts here, but we're all pretty similar anyway
  • Rugby World Cup 2015 & 19 (Funds are in order for the former)
  • Super Rugby Final back home in the Tron (Had far too many expenditures this year to even think about factoring it in. Just hope I haven't missed the boat *touchwood*)
  • Hong Kong Sevens with a few mates (Self explanatory)
  • Bledisloe Cup decider (Hopefully not too far into the future. Would love both our nations bashing heads at full strength)
  • ITM Cup Road trip (A mate of mine has a van back home and after The Crowd Goes Wild decided it would be good fun to do, we've put away a month somewhere down the track to do it)
  • South African Rugby Tour (Currie Cup, Super 15 or Springboks i'm not phased, would just love to be amongst the crowd in person rather than viewing them at stupid o'clock in the morning rugged up on my couch)
  • Millennium Stadium for a Welsh test (Land of my Fathers + Bread of Heaven = Goosebumps)
  • Heineken Cup final (Not at all picky where it is)
  • To pull the boots back on again (suffered a nasty injury a few years back and put my own 'superb' career on the backburners)
Probably plenty more out there, but these are at the pinnicle

Q

Quade Cheapshot

• Watch my side win a RWC final. ✓
• Watch my side defeat each of the major nations at their home ground (Still have Argentina [1], Italy [2], Australia and South Africa to do.)
• Support the Baabaas at Twickenham, hampers and champagne in the carpark. [3] ✓
• Watch my side become the first to record a century of victories over an opponent. [4]
• Follow my side on a Grand Slam. ✓
• Give a supporters' hat or a scarf from my team to a child supporting the opposing team at every away international match I attend. ✓
• Attend every round in a 7s series.
• Attend a player's first test, and their hundredth. ✓

[1] Missed River Plate by a week, 2001.
[2] Hung over, missed the flight to Genoa, 2000.
[3] How did axing Guscott work out for you, Clive?
[4] 17th of August, 2013.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Quade Cheapshot, Thank you for removing the last bullet point in your list from your original post. It was inappropriate and ruined an otherwise good list.

reference your note [2]. Being hung over and missing a flight on a supporters tour is probably worthy of an entry in its own right on a Rugby Bucket List.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
1) Watch Ireland finally beat NZ (Only been waiting all my life to see this so far)

2) See Munster win a Heineken Cup live

3) See the Rebels win Super Rugby Live

4) Every Rebels game home and away in one season

5) Australia win the Bledisloe at Eden Park

6) Rebels beat the Tahs in Sydney

7) Lions v NZ

8) Western Force away (Only away trip left to do in Oz)

9) Sit in the zoo in a Highlanders v Rebels game

10) Rugby games at Christchurch and Wellington so I can tick all the major stadiums in NZ off.

Ticked off the list:

World Cup tour
Baa baas game
Ireland v Australia in Dublin
Munster home Heineken Cup game
Munster game in Cork
Celebrate with the Munster team after a Heineken Cup win (One of the best sessions I ever went on from what I remember, 2 days after the 2008 final with all the team in Cork)
Leinster schools final
Munster schools final
Lions Test Match

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Watch the Wallabies defeat the All Blacks in the 2015 RWC final at Twickenham, preferably by an intercept try when 3 points behind right on full time (a la Brumbies v Bulls)

D

daz

Must do before you die:

The Pattaya 7's tournament in Thailand. Oh, and the Bangkok 10's as well, while you are there. Winning the Social Trophy is far more prestigious than the actual tournament.

Or so I am told.

;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^
daz, in the good old days when I was up in Singapore, you could do the SCC 7's and the Kuala Lumpur 10's in quick succession. Never made it to Thailand for 10's or 7's but can you do both of those over two weekends.

One of my other joys of East Asia in the olden days was playing midweek Hong Kong 10's at the HKFC grounds and then rolling straight into the Hong Kong 7's on the weekend as a spectator. Can you still do that?

D

daz

^^^
daz, in the good old days when I was up in Singapore, you could do the SCC 7's and the Kuala Lumpur 10's in quick succession. Never made it to Thailand for 10's or 7's but can you do both of those over two weekends.

One of my other joys of East Asia in the olden days was playing midweek Hong Kong 10's at the HKFC grounds and then rolling straight into the Hong Kong 7's on the weekend as a spectator. Can you still do that?

It has been a couple of millenium since I did the HK tournaments, Hugh, but touring Sth East Asia with my Expat Thai club back in the day was like a nuclear explosion; intense but short lived explosion of fun and wickedness, followed by enormous collateral and long lasting damage.

:D

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd love to be in Cardiff and Dublin to see the Welsh and Irish beat a touring All Blacks side.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
I'd love to be in Cardiff and Dublin to see the Welsh and Irish beat a touring All Blacks side.
.....then have a threesome with a good looking hooker???:)
Front-Row(1).jpg

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I like them Hugh! I am a fairly simple bloke but so the one thing I always wanted to do was to play on the main field at Ballymore. Not a huge goal for some but on every occasion that I had the chance I was injured.

I had the same thing. I got injured in the week leading up to my club team playing in Kings Park (Natal) stadium. Big regret for me I never got to run out there.

SevensPhD

Chris McKivat (8)
Watch Live:
RWC Tour (NZ 2011)
HK 7s (03 and 04)
RWC7s (Russia 2011)
Super Rugby Final (Reds win in 2011)
IRB 7s stops: all except Dubai and London
Tri-Nations/Quad Nations: NZ v Aus 2011, Arg v Aus 2012
Heineken Cup Final: TBD
6 Nations Round Robin: TBD
2016 Olympics!
NZ lose to anyone: (Wallabies Suncorp 2011) and hopefully more soon!

Stadiums:
Eden Park - (NZ 2011)
Twickenham - TBD
Millennium - This November for AUS v IRE

Personal:
Score a try on every continent....missed Africa! Any old boys tours to SA upcoming??

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So far there have been events and locations listed primarily. My bucket list would also include having a beer with some of the all time greats and Characters. I've ticked a few off already.

Perhaps even the Rugby Last Supper. Who would you invite to the table?
You are allowed 13 guests.

Gareth Edwards
Graeme Mourie
Grant Fox
Noddy Lynagh
John Eales
Willie John McBride
Campo
Mark Ella
Gavin Hastings
Jean Pierre Rives
Serge Blanco
Brian Lochore
Weary Dunlop

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Coaching your kids rugby team
Have one of the boys you coached (or coached against) go on to represent their Nation.
Watch Fiji vs Samoa in Nadi.
Visit a rugby club in rural PI or developing Africa, and donate a heap of surplus but functional boots, footies, jumpers, and training resources to their kids team.

Status
Not open for further replies.