• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
8852605952_05f4794419.jpg

Anybody know what year this guernsey is from?
Looks like 1994 with the XXXX advertising

G&GR has a list of all the Oz Jersey's here

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/wiki/wallabies-jerseys/

R.I.P

Bob McCowan (2)
XXXX sponsored the Wallabies from 91-94 - I think Schweppes took over sponsorship in 1995.
I'm pretty sure they could not have sponsorship at the 91 World cup.
I see that jersey or one similar is currently on ebay from a seller in the States - I bought a similar one yesterday from the States for $20. You can pick up some good retro jersey's from sellers in the States.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
XXXX sponsored the Wallabies from 91-94 - I think Schweppes took over sponsorship in 1995.
I'm pretty sure they could not have sponsorship at the 91 World cup.
I see that jersey or one similar is currently on ebay from a seller in the States - I bought a similar one yesterday from the States for $20. You can pick up some good retro jersey's from sellers in the States.

can you send me the name of the seller?

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks... i have one of those XXXX jerseys - but its ink stained from a leaking pen... For me, that is the best Jersey - AND the best LOGO we ever had, I don't really understand why they had to simplify it - it was brilliant.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
At work we have down graded the jersey that we get for our team because the top line ones don't last. Much better getting the cheaper ones as they are more durable. Don't see the point in buying a Wallaby match quality jersey as, unless you are an athlete, you look like a fat bastard wearing one.

I look like a fat bastard wearing one - and I'm not even 20 stone! (quite) - it's puzzling!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Waratahs also sent out an email this afternoon saying their 2013 merchandise is on sale.

Whilst I really need a new Tahs jersey as mine is falling apart, I don't want to buy an HSBC one given that they're no longer the sponsor!

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
If prior years are anything to go by, Canterbury will have an outlet sale in November and the Tahs jersey will be around $50. It could be cheaper this year as HSBC is no longer a sponsor.

Whoever the new sponsor is going to be will need to come up with a good deal to get the fans to buy the 2014 kit as fans will have built up 12 years worth of Tahs gear with HSBC emblazoned on it.

Whilst I really need a new Tahs jersey as mine is falling apart, I don't want to buy an HSBC one given that they're no longer the sponsor!

Hope there is a Tahs jersey with no sponsor on it like the Brumbies one before they got the University of Canberra on board.

R.I.P

Bob McCowan (2)
I see Pro-direct have the 2013 Wallabies jersey for 40 pounds or $70 Aussie. Good selection of sizes also.