• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby Jerseys and Merch Deals

T

TOCC

I understand that. It's just that sometimes it's better to not offer anything rather than have customers be disappointed by the lack of options.

maybe next time they should put on a disclaimers "fat people only"

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Usually, come sales time, the big sizes are all gone.

Really? I've found the opposite.

Hi
Anyone know where in SA ( preferably Western Cape) one can buy a Wallaby jersey?

Have you considered buying online? Lovell Rugby in the UK is pretty good. I have bough from them before and they post via registered mail. Here's a link to their Wallabies jersey listing.

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby...2012-or-13-Home-Players-Authentic-Rugby-Shirt

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm talking in stores. Big sizes of the nice stuff always goes first. Sad fact for a guy living in the 2XL/3XL world.

I think that's more to do with the fact that they prob only ever order one 2XL and if you're lucky they'll order a 3XL.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Still not as good a deal as buying it in from Lovell but Lovell might not be able to deliver in time for the Lions series either.

Bought a few jerseys off Lovell a few weeks ago and they got delivered in 6 days from the UK. Don't think that would be an issue for them.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
My kids would like a Wallabies jersey. I see that Kooga is selling them for $150. That is just insane. Have they lost the plot? Wouldn't the ARU want more kids wearing Wallaby gear on the street and at games?

I can't justifying paying that much from something they'll grow out of in 12 months time. If they were more reasonably priced I'd probably buy a new one as soon as they grew out of the old one. Seem to be missing a trick here.

Surely they (ARU) could use the kids apparel to make a smaller profit in order to promote the team.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I agree p.Tah If they sold the kids jerseys at half the price of the adult ones then they would sell a heap of them.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
They sell 2 at 150.00 = $300
They sell 22 at 75.00 = $1,650
But that is one of many things I cant fathom with the ARU.

Support the grass roots buy your club jersey.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bought a few jerseys off Lovell a few weeks ago and they got delivered in 6 days from the UK. Don't think that would be an issue for them.

They aren't getting them in stock over there until 3rd of June at the earliest by looks of the website so could be tight for Brisbane Test. Especially if they get the stock bit later than expected.

£80 does not equal $160/170 though.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The ARU don't control the price of the jerseys, Kooga do. The have to get back their investment in the top end and jersey sales are how they do it.