• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Tbh means "To be honest". Yow Yeh is a Broncos rugby league player who you may have noticed playing Origin for Queensland this year.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I think Dave Taylor would be a great union player, either as the worlds biggest outside centre of as a number 8, he has awesome hand skills as he was a halfback at school and he is a massive unit.

Jamie Roberts style 12?

W

waves

His not Australian although Manu Vatuvei reminds me of Alesana Tuilagi.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
is that the same Christian Kerisiano who played for the bunnies? He was a monster and I saw him pick up Wendall Sailor and throw him into touch from about 5 metres infield.

He was a Souths junior, I believe, and an Australian Schools representative, in the rival code. He had weight problems, to put it mildly.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
He's have to get rid of the ridiculous feet first "tackle" he employs as they score

I would argue that he manages to hold up quite a few players also. However if he is trying to kick the ball out of the players hands that he has a good head for Rugby. Simply because he plays the ball and not the man which i believe is one of the fundamental differences in the two games.

I

International Badboy

That's why were are interested in players from the league code and comparing them, though we can only do that for the aspects that are common to both codes. League players are not much at the set piece.
I don't know if B. Marshall and the the Tigers backline would agree, although bunji did play union as a kid

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
A bit of a left field pick would be Joel Thompson from the Raiders as a 13. He is big, quick and agile, has good defence, can kick and gets a good pass away. Doesn't give away too many penalties which can be a problem for League players.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm getting over this, how about we just talk about guys playing our game again?

BTW, Rugby players who could make the switch to league? EVERY FUCKING ONE!

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'm getting over this, how about we just talk about guys playing our game again?

BTW, Rugby players who could make the switch to league? EVERY FUCKING ONE!

I started this thread due to the forum having what i like to call 'internet crickets' 3 pages on and some good discussion.

It makes me wonder why you would bother.

Moderator can you please remove my post and swat's post as it's off topic.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
Not sure The Brown Hornet would agee

If we can claim commonly accepted abbreviantions...

I'm now to be known as Walking To France - and I'm forming the "Commitee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society".

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I started this thread due to the forum having what i like to call 'internet crickets' 3 pages on and some good discussion.

It makes me wonder why you would bother.

Moderator can you please remove my post and swat's post as it's off topic.

I'm not saying you need to shut down this thread... I'm just saying that while this may interest some still, my personal level of interest on this area of discussion has faded away. I would think that while it is nice to do hypotheticals, it frustrates me that we are even having this discussion as in my eyes union is hands down a better game and those that prefer league over union are clearly the kind of idiots that watch ACA or 60 minutes and think it is news. Of course that's just my personal opinion and I do have a certain idiom to uphold, hence the brevity of my post.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Didn't see any suggestions of athlete's that could have done well in heavens game. If you feel that way, don't open the thread and start your own.

To get us back on track i don't know about Yow Yeh as previously mentioned in this thread. I think he will get found out in defence. Fantastic player don't get me wrong as long as he scored 2 tries again.

I would like to see Karmichael Hunt playing heavens game again. He didn't unimpress me from what i saw of him playing in France.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
... and those that prefer league over union are clearly the kind of idiots that watch ACA or 60 minutes and think it is news.

I can't agree with this enough but I'll also add the group that listen to Alan Jones, John Laws, and theotherfatprickirefusetoname and think they're informed.

And this is why I don't think it's worth trying to convert league supporters to union.. especially in those areas.