• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby League players who could have/could make the switch

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
This 'consorting with criminals' appears to be a strange one and from the outside not a overly serious issue. I don't quite understand the polices involvement.

Anyway, Hasn't been a great 18 months off the field for him. Hope he gets back on a better path soon.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Apparently it is a police warning but once they have done it they can charge him with something if he is seen with them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bunny Reilly (The Axe) ..fastest league player over 20 metres ...Mark Harris,John Brass loved running off him . In defence the nickname said it all. - "You can't run without legs !"- Jack Gibson ....The Supercoach.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Vunivalu got Izzy's debut season record last night. Now 22 tries from 18 matches.

Wouldn't be surprised if his manager is already fielding a lot of phone calls from France.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone see Korobiete's "try-saving" tackle? Sharks player got the ball flat-footed & with one foot practically on the chalk. Comms went nuts. I suspect most of his D work for the Rebs will be a little more demanding..........

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone see Korobiete's "try-saving" tackle? Sharks player got the ball flat-footed & with one foot practically on the chalk. Comms went nuts. I suspect most of his D work for the Rebs will be a little more demanding....
Yeah, Sharks absolutely bombed that try. Bird just had to dive low and he was over. Instead, Holmes gets smacked.

Footage is here:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153994153208074&id=6878248073

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Korobeite will be a great addition to Super Rugby next year, you can't coach speed and the Storm have done a great job refining his overall game.. Is he worth the amount rugby have rumoured to sign him for though?

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
Korobeite will be a great addition to Super Rugby next year, you can't coach speed and the Storm have done a great job refining his overall game.. Is he worth the amount rugby have rumoured to sign him for though?

dunno what the rumour is but i know for a fact they he's on about $800,000 per year. rebels contract + ARU top up.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
For that much money I expect to see him scoring tries for us in November.

For that much money he needs to be scoring tries every week and making tackles as well, not just showing the occasional footwork flourish. Seems a crazy amount, is he a marketing drawcard as well?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Kalyn Ponga - union pedigree /background (Churchie alumni) - I think he is off contract from the Cowboys. Touted as long term replacement for Thurston.

Should never have lost him to league as future super star. Why would we not do anything to get him back given our problems at 10 and if anyone see some tapes of him from schoolboy days or even games for Cowboys under 20's (in team for tonights final against Brisbane Broncos).

Please tell me why we are not trying to get this guy back (only 18 or 19).

Sad to see such union talent lost to us.