• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby News from unexpected places

yeahmate

Peter Burge (5)
Georgia and Romania have both qualified for the RWC but they're playing on last game to decide winners of the ENC and what groups they'll get put in, the games being streamed here on the 15th

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

not sure what time it will be probably early morning on Sunday

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Georgia and Romania have both qualified for the RWC but they're playing on last game to decide winners of the ENC and what groups they'll get put in, the games being streamed here on the 15th

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/

not sure what time it will be probably early morning on Sunday

Georgia win the match 22-9 to finish top of ENC Div1 & will be in NZ's pool at RWC 2015 with Argentina, Tonga & an African qualifier.

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Had my first game yesterday as coach of the german team , we played the top team (that beat them 91-0 end of last year) , it was 19-3 at half time (could easily have been 12-10 as we nearly scored on half but an error resulted in a try at the ither end of the field against the run of play . Final score was 43-3 . The score does not reflect the closeness of the game . It blew out when i emptied the bench when i realise it had gotten away , (the bench players were made up of guys playing their first game of rugby .) 3 tries in the last 10 minutes made it look bigger than it actially was .

The guys were stoked and had belief at half time they could now play with the best team in the competition . The best part is i was missing my first choice flyhalf and inside centre so the guys confidence is sky high going into the next game in 3 weeks time against the team that beat them 72-0 last year . They firmly believe they can beat them . Ill keep you posted .

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ 6:20 onwards. What Rugby is about where ever you are in the world, and what keeps the congregation coming back to the game played in Heaven.

No glassings, no shoe shitting, no sexual assaults, just a few beers with your mates.

Good find @P.Tah

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Unfortunately I see way more CNN than I'd like thanks to work, but noticed recently they've been running a lot of Sevens related promos........

Now that they're broadcasting the games they're running a lot of rugby related programs to support it.......

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
meadsnews.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Under-16 Rugby World cup: Open your eyes Pakistan, talent for sports other than cricket exist!
21602-Cover-1396080368-456-640x480.jpg

Nine rugby players from a private school’s rugby team in Faisalabad were chosen to represent Pakistan in the under-16 Rugby World Cup this month in England. PHOTO: FAZAL GILANI
Pakistanis are quite cricket crazy and of course, hockey enjoys some fan following, being the national sport. In recent years, even football has made forays into the Pakistani sporting arena. However, bring up rugby and you will still get blank looks from most Pakistanis.
In Pakistan, not too many people are familiar with the sport of rugby in spite of the fact that this sport has many enthusiasts all over the world. But things seem to be changing gradually. For the first time ever, nine rugby players from a private school’s rugby team in Faisalabad have been chosen to represent Pakistan in the under-16 Rugby World Cup this month. This team includes Harris Khan, the team captain, Mehmood Butt who is the vice captain, Musa Abbas, Ikram Noor, Ahmad Chuhdary, Muhammad bin Yaseen, Talha Ayoob, Shahzaiv Mukhtar and Ali Murtaza.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/2...n-talent-for-sports-other-than-cricket-exist/