• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rugby TV ratings 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Ratings for the first game of the World Cup are out...and they aren't great.

22k for those on mobile.

Timezones are going to be very tough for this WC

9.4 million viewers on ITV in the UK!

Don't forget almost everyone who is going to watch the world cup has foxtel because of Gem/Channel 9's poor coverage effort.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Managed to track down FOX ratings. In theory these include time shifting (recorded and watched same day)

Eng v Fiji 55k

Sam V USA 62k

Other games haven't made top 20.

Source if anyone else wants to follow/update http://decidertv.com/foxtel-ratings/

Replay of SA v Jap got 58k or 9th on the list for Sunday. That's not bad for a replay. Samoa v USA was perfect time for viewing, just a shame it wasn't a bigger game.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)

Those numbers seem relatively positive to me. No Australian games and most of them in the middle of the night and still getting ~40-50,000. It's a shame they couldn't squeeze Australia-Fiji into a 9pm slot, as it would have suited time zones for both countries better than the 1:45am/3:45am game.

I wouldn't be expecting blockbuster numbers, but if we do well, we could see some decent figures for the England game and semis/finals if we make it that far.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Those numbers seem relatively positive to me. No Australian games and most of them in the middle of the night and still getting ~40-50,000. It's a shame they couldn't squeeze Australia-Fiji into a 9pm slot, as it would have suited time zones for both countries better than the 1:45am/3:45am game.

I wouldn't be expecting blockbuster numbers, but if we do well, we could see some decent figures for the England game and semis/finals if we make it that far.

Game times are not dictated to suit SH television, though. Cart, horse, etc.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Game times are not dictated to suit SH television, though. Cart, horse, etc.

Shame that they've scheduled the Scotland game at 2.30pm local time when they could have had it at 4.45pm giving Scots more opportunity to watch it live seeing as it is on a weekday.

Of the four teams in these two matches, it seems like only Japanese fans are best suited by the scheduling.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Realistically 85k people watching a game at 1.45am on a weeknight is not a terrible audience.

You'd imagine that time shift and replay viewers would be substantially more than that.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Realistically 85k people watching a game at 1.45am on a weeknight is not a terrible audience.

You'd imagine that time shift and replay viewers would be substantially more than that.
Theoretically those numbers include any time shifted or recorded views on the same day. Foxtel go etc will be changing the game though.

11k for Arg v NZ on Gem as well.

T

TOCC

the figures in France are of ridiculous proportions..

I think England vs Fiji had around 5million viewers, and the first France game had almost 10million.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
Great to see channel nein advertising the rugby during the mungos tonight. Massive exposure. I'll also note that the nrc is being televised in nz and South Africa. I hope fox were paid well for it

Status
Not open for further replies.