• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The players are the ones showing a lot of guts and character, still no improvement in the style of play.

Yep, they seem to be winning based on courage and passion, not rugby smarts. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with how they've gutsed it out, but they need to get a better formation in attack or we'll constantly struggle to beat the good teams.

With that said, I think our forward play in the loose has generally improved over the season.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
That was our best performance of the year, better forward play. A try from a set piece. Hail deans.

Would suggest that Nuci get involved again in the coaches box though.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Suck it up everyone, he's here through the Lions now.

Bitter pill to swallow, but like when you try to worm a dog you wrap the tablet in a meat treat. The meat treat for Wallabies fans is that Nucifora doesn't get his paws on the job.

Best and only way to get Link in now is for JON and Dingo to go in one hit.

J

Jiggles

So we're going to be the first team since the 1997 South Africans to lose the Lions tour. Ouch.

Q

Quade Cheapshot

So we're going to be the first team since the 1997 South Africans to lose the Lions tour. Ouch.

The Lions have toured Australia eight times.

And won seven.

Winning 15 of the 20 Tests.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
That was our best performance of the year, better forward play. A try from a set piece. Hail deans.

For a guy "fighting" for his job, you think he could have shown some form of excitement when we finally scored off a set piece? Perhaps the Beta-Blockers when in full swing by the 60-70th minute?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Nah, it assumes that the Lions will be cohesive enough and good enough playing the bash rugby of Gatland.

D

daz

Suck it up everyone, he's here through the Lions now.

Yep. Like it or not, the Puma's made sure RD will be the guy for the EOYT and Lions.

I suggest we put this thread on ice until the end of 2013.

R

randalf8

Our standards have fallen off a cliff when a scrappy victory over Argentina is enough to save the coach's bacon.

Never thought I'd long for the Greg Smith era.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Our standards have fallen off a cliff when a scrappy victory over Argentina is enough to save the coach's bacon.

Never thought I'd long for the Greg Smith era.

o_O we have always had "scrappy wins" vs the Argies

27-Oct-79 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires lost 13 24 -11
03-Nov-79 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires won 17 12 5
31-Oct-87 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires draw 19 19 0
07-Nov-87 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires lost 19 27 -8
01-Nov-97 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires won 23 15 8
08-Nov-97 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires lost 16 18 -2
02-Nov-02 Australia v Argentina Buenos Aires won 17 6 11
06-Oct-12 Australia v Argentina Rosario won 25 19 6

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
So what do you fellas reckon now? Second in the RC, second in the rankings. Horror run of injuries. Master coach it seems.

Is there really a compelling reason to get rid of him?

(And there is no truth to the rumours that the All Blacks are planning on throwing the final Bledisloe game to get Deans appointed till after the 2015 RWC)

Buggered if I know.
We dont want Nucifora even on an interim basis and that may be all that's on offer.
I think he's safe.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
We had a win, we still have a few tests to go this year. I have not given up hope that the whole thing gets fixed yet. I heard Deans on Triple M this morning. He came across really well; articulate, knowledgable, humorous and humble - like he did when the Welsh were here. I wondered to myself that their seemed to be 2 Deans's, this fellow and the other confused one. For whatever reason, I really don't think we have seen the best of what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.