• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I've actually been pleasantly surprised at how little crap Joubert has copped. Rightly so, of course, but people do like to have a go normally.

Or maybe it's just around here that he's been well-regarded? Claims from certain quarters that we'd whine about the ref (Hi, PB :)) have proved largely unfounded. Refreshing, IMO.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I said well before the match that Joubert will advantage the dominant team at the tackle, and will turn a blind eye to certain things.

The Wallabies never seem to adapt to him despite the fact that these players play under him so many times.

The AB's did what they usually do when he refs and simply commit numbers to the breakdown.

Sure, some of them might not be staying on their feet or whatever, but because they come in so strong with so many players and dominate the tackle Joubert will give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's an aspect of Joubert's refereeing that bugs me, but it's to be expected, and the Wallabies can have no excuse as they should've learned their lesson a long time ago.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
BTW the "patting on the head" thing that most of the AB's seemed to get into should be banned by Graham Henry as arrogant, cocky and ultimately may backfire. Stupid shit. Leave it out.
Lol Mojo, you obviously didn't notice Pocock doing ot then. I actually don't mind all that much, it is designed to get in your head, bit like sledging in cricket, hell Kearnsie giving the ABs the fingers is legendary.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
Lol Mojo, you obviously didn't notice Pocock doing ot then. I actually don't mind all that much, it is designed to get in your head, bit like sledging in cricket, hell Kearnsie giving the ABs the fingers is legendary.

I thought he was only inviting Fitzy over for a BBQ?!

You enjoy the win danny? Mike was acting like a pussy all week worrying about the result. He needs to harden up, I blame the parents! ;-)

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
There is a very interesting piece of footage available on TV on demand here that features an obviously frustrated Elsom taking it out on Conrad Smith. Not picked up by any of the referees other wise a red card and a citing would have been issued.

J

Jay

There is a very interesting piece of footage available on TV on demand here that features an obviously frustrated Elsom taking it out on Conrad Smith. Not picked up by any of the referees other wise a red card and a citing would have been issued.

w3_elsom2RWC_19101.jpg

395690834-16102011115018.jpg

[video=youtube;6lym0jvMbrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lym0jvMbrE[/video]

A bit frustrated, perhaps.

There was also this, which could have been much worse for both Jane and Moore had he connected....

rriot4do.c23.gif

J

Jay

Yep both pretty bad. Elsom should cop a couple of weeks for sure.

I'm not so sure about the Moore one without seeing a full pace replay. It does look bad, but he could have been trying to barge Jane into touch or jar the ball loose. He's not normally a dirty player, so I'm not wanting to condemn him on the basis of that gif but he is lucky that he missed or he'd be copping a suspension I suspect.

No clue what's going through Rocky's head.

T

TheNextBigThing

Both pretty ugly.

I hope Moore's was only a brainfart. The running elbow to the back of a bloke's head is about as bad as it gets. I think it might just have been a mistimed shove into touch though.

The (ex wallaby captain) Elsom thing is nothing but a cheap-shot. Pathetic.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I thought he was only inviting Fitzy over for a BBQ?!

You enjoy the win danny? Mike was acting like a pussy all week worrying about the result. He needs to harden up, I blame the parents! ;-)
hey Grubs man, yep I was a touch nervous so could be parent's fault, he was saying he been up since about 5 morning of game when we linked up on Skype. And yep I surely enjoyed win, so did Dianne, she not too much now as we have copped a little bit of kiwi hate over the result, she was really enjoying cup up to then.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Moore's was only a brainfart. The running elbow to the back of a bloke's head is about as bad as it gets. I think it might just have been a mistimed shove into touch though.

The (ex wallaby captain) Elsom thing is nothing but a cheap-shot. Pathetic.
I had seen both these, but wasn't going to post them on here, as they both look cheap shots to me, and I didn't want to start a war.

M

Muttonbird

Is that McCaw coming in from the side in the last picture? ;)

:lmao: Notwithstanding his entry was 1000x more legal and ethical than Moore's who should have been marched straight to the bin.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Saw that live. Moore very lucky to get away with it.

Elsom's is hard to judge. I reckon that sort of thing happens 10 times a game.

I'd rather we start concentrating on getting rid of the head lock/wrestle throw clean outs, which could be very dangerous.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moore's is terrible, Rocky's not too bad, bit of niggle in the rucks. Moore's is a cheap shot. Should be cited.

Status
Not open for further replies.