• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)
And then Gits threw one the other way.
On the Foley pass Izzy angled in and took everyone with him.

Yes i'm not quite sure that Izzy is this 'borderline liability' that he's being made out to be in the media. I don't doubt for a second that Kurtley would do an outstanding job for us and is capable of similar stuff but just having Izzy there means he is that constant worry for the defense and then things like what you said can happen.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
And then Gits threw one the other way.
On the Foley pass Izzy angled in and took everyone with him.

I think that was Tevita that angled in and Izzy curved out wide.

'Drani ran an awesome line and pulled the midfield into a 3m square which forced Imhoff to bounce in off his wing onto the drifting Folau and left AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in acres of space.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It can definitely work, it's just a consideration. In terms of respect, I have no doubt everyone in the squad respects him. Respect doesn't necessarily equal like though.

So we move on from the bullshit about whose father is better than mine or yours, and get into this unsubstantiated bullshit. Suggest you put up or leave it alone.

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
Wallabies by 2.

Don't ask questions, you know it makes sense.

Agreed.

I was going to write a preview and opinion and all that shit, frankly why bother.

It's a World Cup final and it's just going to come down to guts and trust and effort and belief to make another effort no matter what the score is with 10 to go.

We beat NZ in Sydney but we are a better team even since then. NZ just beat SA and we just beat Scotland etc, what does it all mean ? Fuck knows and it just doesn't matter to me anymore. 80 minutes of heart and guts decides it Sunday morning.

One thing I do know, over the last 4 years we have never played or represented Australia better than we are right now. #StrongerAsOne

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
One last thing on the ref (from me anyway): there is absolutely no doubt that Owens is the best ref in the world right now and deserves his spot in the final. I just hope we can break our duck at test level when he's holding the whistle.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Am I the only Wallabies fan that senses that the AB's supporters on this site are getting a tad "edgy"?!!
That's probably because, like most Aussies here, they know that we have a 50/50 chance of winning this one.
This final will be a battle of "the minds", and I feel Cheika has got our boys' heads "in the right space", at the right time!
Only four sleepless nights to go!!!

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
Am I the only Wallabies fan that senses that the AB's supporters on this site are getting a tad "edgy"?!!
That's probably because, like most Aussies here, they know that we have a 50/50 chance of winning this one.
This final will be a battle of "the minds", and I feel Cheika has got our boys' heads "in the right space", at the right time!
Only four sleepless nights to go!!!

I'd say the Plumbers of New Zealand are raking it in this week with all the bricks they are shitting blocking up the works.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
After some cold self-analysis I've realised one of the main reasons I want the Wallabies to win this weekend is so I've got four years of unassailable ammunition to use against anonymous Kiwi avatars on the internet.

I mean, I know this probably reflects poorly on me as a person, but to be honest this is the realm in which I encounter most of my Kiwi "cuzzies" and the thought of returning their serve with a backhand winner down the line is killing me.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)
So we move on from the bullshit about whose father is better than mine or yours, and get into this unsubstantiated bullshit. Suggest you put up or leave it alone.

Sorry, I take it back, it is completely unsubstantiated that the whole squad respects Pocock, there may be one or more players who do not respect him, and I do not take any position on how many that may or may not be.

The Snout

Ward Prentice (10)
I mean, I know this probably reflects poorly on me as a person, but to be honest this is the realm in which I encounter most of my Kiwi "cuzzies" and the thought of returning their serve with a backhand winner down the line is killing me.

Jesus, we've been beaten by NZ for 13 years straight with a couple of Tri Series/Rugby Championship Cups to pacify us. You wouldn't be human for not wanting a little pay back. Feel guilt free my son. :)

Jellic87

Chris McKivat (8)

You and every other rugby loving Australian! You are definitely not alone on that!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
It's more the fact that I will be a fucking intolerable troll of Kiwi rugby fans for almost the next half-decade that makes me pause and reflect on, and then quickly dismiss, any feelings of guilt.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone understand why this is being played at 4pm local time, and not say 7pm or 8pm?

4pm means it clashes with English Premier League games, which you'd think would cost viewers, and obviously it's going to cost millions of viewers in Australia, New Zealand and parts of Asia being played in the middle of the night.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe that's the start of proceedings, rather than kickoff. Finals tend to be preceded with a bit of a song and dance, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.