• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
This was the NZ starting XV in Sydney this year:

1 Woodcock
2 Coles
3 Owen Franks
4 Retallick
5 Romano
6 Kaino
7 McCaw
8 Read
9 Aaron Smith
10 Carter
11 Savea
12 SBW
13 Conrad Smith
14 Milner Skudder
15 Ben Smith

A really strong XV with the best available in that moment.

Why underestimate a starting XV with Sonny Bill Williams? A year ago NZ made 50 points with Ryan Crotty at 12!!!! And 2 years ago the ABs beat Australia with SBW at 12. So definetly was a step up for this team.

Who's underestimating the ABs?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mr Doug, the only thing better would be John Williamsom walking around the field with his guitar engaging the crowd in a rousing rendition of Waltzing Matilda with that picture on the screens while the Haka is going on.

Uh, no. That moment is in history, and belongs there.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Rumour has it that the Wallabies #1 fan is on his way to the game in a private jet and will join Wallabies on field in the stare down of the Haka, in what will be the ultimate response.

Just remember All Black fans Dan Carter can kick a rugby ball 50 metres, Chuck Norris can round house kick Dan Carter the entire length of the field!

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The 2 best sides are in the Final, I reckon it will be won in the head, if the Wallabies are in it at the break, I think they can finish over the top of New Zealand.

Why half time.
  • Last couple of years i think the Wallabies were in awe of the AB's.
  • Now i think (but am waiting for confirmation it is simply immense respect for New Zealand.

Respecting a team is the first step in beating a team.

#respect #ripin #nothinginthetank #believe #finishthejob

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I am expecting this to be a close game with parity between the sides at set piece (Aus better scrum and NZ better lineout), tough defense by both sides and the breakdown highly competitive but about equal. Where I think NZ might have the advantage is ball in hand. Their forwards play with handling skills of most backlines and are willing to test the line with multiple short passing raids, while their backs are more likely to break the defensive line with sheer individual attacking skills. They will probably accomplish one or two line breaks that just can't be defended over the 80 minutes, and we all know that their clean breaks usually end with a try being scored.

Will be shouting for the Wallabies (and against the ref) but expect the ABs to come out on top by around 7 - 10.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Just want to raise a toast to our team. Youre an inspiration both on and off the field and whether we win or lose youve done us all proud.

A toast to the All Blacks too. This is arguably the best side ever to play the game with unquestionably some of the greatest players of all time. It almost impossible to see them losing, but if any team can do it, its Cheika's warriors.

Good luck to both teams. Hope we get a cracking game.

Go you good thing!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RWC Final Beer Off

Representing NZL - Pure from Steinlager -> Long term sponsor of the NZL Rugby team.
e2d1a2934cf641df4a7e679c7a6db28b_320x320.jpg

Score: 2.5 - Comment: Ordinary. Mild skunky lager that is sweet and thin with traces of hops and slight caramel notes.

Representing AUS - Pacific Ale from Stone & Wood
6a53107d6ce46d0195c415f4e629b174_320x320.jpg

Score: 3.5 - Citrus aromas and flavours up front, medium sweet fruity flavours with abundant apricots with a mildly bitter finish.

The Judges say: Australian win by a fairly large margin.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Mr Doug, the only thing better would be John Williamsom walking around the field with his guitar engaging the crowd in a rousing rendition of Waltzing Matilda with that picture on the screens while the Haka is going on.

Sadly, redstragic, the world body (IRB, as it was then), banned the singing of Waltzing Matilda, as it "competed" with the Haka!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
just under 11 hours to go. It's just past 5am there now so some of the boys will just be starting to wake up and start their pre-game ritual. Poey of course will have just completed an hour of hill sprints.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
It's a sign.

Oh, it's more than a sign, Hugh, it's, it's, it's Providence!!!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12191763_10153629508175731_4799372369768628133_n.jpg?oh=2b4caf502ee2e73ba2830c99ac5fab76&oe=56B78D49&__gda__=1455341677_7312110ced5e7e88fa2a95caba3a42f6

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
RWC Final Beer Off

Representing NZL - Pure from Steinlager -> Long term sponsor of the NZL Rugby team.

Score: 2.5 - Comment: Ordinary. Mild skunky lager that is sweet and thin with traces of hops and slight caramel notes.

Score: 3.5 - Citrus aromas and flavours up front, medium sweet fruity flavours with abundant apricots with a mildly bitter finish.

Not ever having tried Pacific Ale, I have no doubt you are correct. I cannot stand Steinlager and its ilk.

There are much better beers around than those cheap fizzy lagers that both countries produce in such volume.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
RWC Final Beer Off

Why are you drinking beer from an old honey jar?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.