• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm about to try and get some much needed sleep before the game starts, so here are my last words on the matter.

Holy fuck. What a journey. What two teams. To think to that only one of these fine teams can win is heart breaking.

Despite this past week being longer than the previous four years of build up, it's almost been a pleasant experience of banter and dreaming. Currently all supporters can believe in their team. But unfortunately in an all too short 80 minutes some fans' belief will become fact and the others' false hope.

What can I hope for?
A noble performance from both teams, nothing left on the pitch, no 'what ifs', a game unmarred by controversy.

What can I do?
Be an upstanding supporter irrelevant of the result. One team has to lose, neither of them deserve to. IF it comes tomorrow that New Zealand raise the trophy for a third time, then congratulations to them. Let's be a good sport.

Rip into them boys, do us proud.

Go The Wallabies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Signing out folks.

Mrs KOB and both mini KOBs (9&11) are going to watch with me so we are all off to catch some z's

Good luck to all and pardon the cliche but may the best team prevail!

Catch you all in the ungodlies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I must admit, I'm feeling hopeful for tonight. New Zealand are rightly favourites, their form over such a long period of time warrants it, but it feels like the Wallabies under Cheika genuinely believe they can win this if they play to the best of their ability.

The two teams programs are at completely different places on the spectrum. New Zealand have a squad with some key players on the end of their journeys. Some brave person might even suggest they have been held on to for a year too long, but as they showed against France they have been dominating together for so long that they can win on muscle memory alone at times.

The Wallabies on the other hand have the exact right mix of age and experience to lift the cup, based on previous RWC winners. But they find themselves only a year out of the wilderness thrust upon them by the dithering rudderless dhingy that was the good ship Dingo Deans. In a years time as New Zealand bed down a massively updated squad you would expect the Wallabies would be favourite in this fixture, but the aura and experience of Team GOAT counts for so much. But neither are they at the peak they were in 2013 when opposition rolled over at the mere sight of a black jersey.

In summary, as a normally pessimistic Wallaby supporter (hey, I discovered rugby in 2003 and we've won nothing of massive significance in these 12 years so I'm allowed to be a little pessimistic, I don't have the memories of the golden years to reflect upon) I would have the odds 60/40 to New Zealand, and I feel pretty damn good about that.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
But they find themselves only a year out of the wilderness thrust upon them by the dithering rudderless dhingy that was the good ship Dingo Deans.

Deans hasn't been coach for a while now. I know some may want to forget it happened, but let's not forget the Link era.....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
^^^^^^^^^ interestingly, whereas ~75% of the money NZ TAB have taken is on an AB win (& that was before the $400K went on), ~45% of all bets placed are going for the Wobs. For an NZ site I'd think that's unprecedented. I'd be fascinated to know what the split is for the .com.au & .com.uk sites.

A lot of that would be line betting I'd imagine?

Anyway, this is it. After tonight's Halloween street party drinking with the neighbours, and watching the very sexy Mrs Pfitzy get around in a sorceress costume to try and distract me from thinking about rugby, I can't say it any better than this bloke:

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Heading down to the local rugby pub to beat the 1230 curfew. The good wife and I haven't decided yet if its bloody marys with the young or tea and toast with the old. I do feel confident but expect a tough strategic game with both teams trying to play hard without the ball. Lets hope Sir has a good game and Go You Wallabies..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
I think this day has taken about 7,5 years at this point and there is still another 2 hours to kick off. At this point I have had the time to search myself and have come to realize that the end result of the game is not the end of the world, I just hope that the game is a cracker and the many legends of the game get the chance to bow out with a performance where neither team can say they have left anything in the tank and all the blood, sweat, breath and spirit will be left at the Twickenham turf and the better team takes Bill home. No controversy, no dodgy calls, just that the team playing the better rugby crawls out with the win.

Time here now 16:00 been on the piss for 2 hours and it doesnt help, god knows what the 46 lads taking the field are going through at the moment.

Bring on the game

Alex

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Like just about everyone else I just hope the game gets decided by the players - whoever the best team is on the day - and not by the ref. How did rugby get to this point.......

and how unbearably long is this day.....

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Well back home from a big night on the town. Plenty of ghouls, goblins, zombies, sexy nurses and wallaby jerseys littering the bars. Even my uber driver had his wallaby jersey on! People starting to arrive at my house right now. Time for the real party to start! Fire up girls and boys! Go you good thing!

Gibbit

Frank Row (1)
Long time reader first time poster

Just want to say, Up the wallabies, can't remember the last time I've been so excited for a game

Let's bring it home boys!!

Reactions: BDA

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Slept though my alarm, woken by KevinO, made it to CBD, found Daz, got pints and quietly shitting myself. Waited 12 years for this moment, gonna just enjoy it.

Go WALLABIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.