• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I thought Folau was pretty good. He's obviously not 100% but he was still dangerous every time he got the ball and I don't think he spilled one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not going to add much to the conversation, but I'd just like to say:

Fuck it! Fuck it all!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

kandos

Frank Nicholson (4)
The AB's deserved their win, but I was disappointed in Owens. I thought he was very average and couldn't believe the forward pass that didn't get called back. Someone said he asked Barnes whether it was forward, which for me is a cop out. It was one of the most blatantly forward passes I can recall, so he should have called it.

It's sad that reffing decisions become such a talking point.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What a fitting end to arguably the two best players rugby have ever seen. Dan Carter and Richie McCaw, enjoy your victory, you deserved it.

Australia can hold their heads up high, what an amazing effort.

Let's hope that the incredible fairy tale of the past decade for the All Blacks is drawing to a close and we're about to see the emergence of a new 'golden' age. Bring on the Bled I say.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know I shouldn't, but I can't go back to sleep so i have to ask qwerty, if as you said in earlier thread that Richie is worth 20 points to opposition, does that make score 54-17??:p

Ok ok I waiting for cafes to open so I can take wife out for breakfast!!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Ireland v Wales in the 6N a few years ago would be the most obvious.

They comment on reffing decisions all the time - POB on Dickinson, POB saying the ref got it wrong not carding Woodcock, the Bismarck card decision, the Drew Mitchell card decision in 2010..
Yeah but were they cards or 50/50s? Clarifying card/non cards is different because they are disciplinary issues.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
OK so there's one precedent. But I'd argue that was a clear fuck up, not a 50/50.

Anyway, well done to your boys, I don't think anyone would disagree that the best two sides made the final. We fell asleep in the Scotland game, that was more telling than jouberts call. If you'd ended up beating Scotland or Argentina in the final it wouldn't have felt as good I'm sure!

Bring on 2016

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Fuck I just cant keep my mouth shut, being on the piss for 7 hours now and the ice hockey teams sauna-evening just kicked in so spirits are the game from now on.

I think the All Blacks are very deserving winners, but the Wallabies did show some pieces in their shield that have been unbroken before, for example they scored 14 points with a man advantage, has anyone ever been able to even scores with a man advantage against the All Blacks?

Aaron Smith? Yes the number nine for the men in black, why is he not on the short list for POTY? Look at the man, even with the mustache the man is everywhere, giving quick ball from the base, covering in defence etc.. fuck it.

Im still very proud of the Wallabies, I always knew they would make it far in this tournament with whom ever as the HC but Cheika really upped my hopes.

That all being said, I think we really had a chance there today, it was just about the best 30 players on the field in the world, of course argyably. But we didnt do any favours to ourselves on the first half and on the second it seemed we just lost hope for abit and pushed it at the critical moments.
Anyway it was as close as I ever was hoping and I bited my nails off and hopefully I can rewatch it tomorrow sober.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
34-17 looks close to a blow out. For me it did not reflect the game. I also stated the AB's deserved their win, but I think they were assisted by poor reffing decisions.
That's an apt summation.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yep. NZ too strong but helped along by a few poor ref decisions. I still don't understand all the love for Owens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'd like to see this from another angle. Look where SBW is, this is a couple of phases before the final try. Again, I don't want to make excuses, nz deserved the win, but this changed it from a few point margin to 17.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446324587.369966.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446324601.875492.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pass to Kaino 3m forward. That's your turning point.

How about a penalty, right in front, nearly 40 out, for this?

Advantage apparently expired when we got out wide to the 22.

Consistency is all I ask.

Attachments

• poey2.png
    poey2.png
    732.4 KB · Views: 233

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You'll need to show some stills with the ball still in the ruck to actually show he's offiside. Not saying he wasn't, but those don't prove it.
Yes I agree, that's why I'd like to see another angle. All the lead up footage is close ups of the ruck and you can't see SBW, but he needs to be fucking quick to get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.