• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
This thread really has jumped the shark now. Blue is right, I sense a bit of a victimhood mentality creeping in. It's done, we lost. Better to focus on the brighter future ahead I reckon.

And it's a pretty bright future I reckon. Building depth at lock and solidifying a midfield combination that you can build the rest of the backline around will be key.

There's going to be question marks put over the Hooper and Pocock combination in light of how the lineout performed in the final, but if they can find other ways to deal with it then there is a future for it. George Smith became a decent option at the back of a lineout even though there were the initial concerns of lack of options when the Waugh/Smith combo started. I guess it did help having Sharp there at the time who was in the top 3 locks in the world in 2003.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
And it's a pretty bright future I reckon. Building depth at lock and solidifying a midfield combination that you can build the rest of the backline around will be key.

There's going to be question marks put over the Hooper and Pocock combination in light of how the lineout performed in the final, but if they can find other ways to deal with it then there is a future for it. George Smith became a decent option at the back of a lineout even though there were the initial concerns of lack of options when the Waugh/Smith combo started. I guess it did help having Sharp there at the time who was in the top 3 locks in the world in 2003.

Three options should be sufficient with both locks and Fardy, the rest is timing and planning.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
That's it. I'm sending a raven.

Recommend the innocent find a safe place to hide.

odin-1.jpg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
But is Fardy used? Didn't take any LO ball in the final that I can recall?

He is a very good lineout operator, but wouldn't be the first time Simmons never called him if that is the case. In retrospect, it probably would have been better to try to keep the throws away from Whitelock and Retallick, but then there were Read and Kaino to contend with. Fairly clear why the ABs'lineout is one of the best atm.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Pocock could of been red carded at one stage so I don't Think we can complain that much. Yes we didn't get the rub but NZ were very good and deserved to win just from carters performance. At least the bledisloe is a real possibility next year.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The same thing happened against Argentina when Giteau was replaced.

I guess Cheika felt that Beale was one of his form players and wanted him on the field.

Hard to really question that it was the wrong decision given how well Beale played. He didn't really defend at 12.

I agree that Beale played well, but defense was always going to win that final, and ultimately our midfield defense is where we fell down and where NZ made the inroads and scored their tries.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Congrats to New Zealand... Certainly the better team on the day and got a little luck too, good luck to them... Forward pass was a joke thou, i cant understand how this could be missed in a RWC final...
And farewell and thanks to the many great players on both sides...
2016 promises exciting times, I'm looking forward to facing NZ with a line up albeit without Carter Richie Nonu and Smith... Perhaps others too... Carter had an amazing final... Drop goal was kiwi gold...

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
o_O

I'm trying to figure out if this is "line up" or "lube up"

Anyway, there is a thread about Wallabies 2016 so let's move any discussions about the future over that way, hmm?
Talking about the Kiwis... And the other thread in good time

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to NZ and All Black supporters. You have every reason to be proud of your team and coach. Winning the final was decided in the 1st half and it was just a matter of time for the score sheet to settle. Also congrats to the Wallabies who fight back bravely to try and win it. The best part for me was after the end whistle to see so much humbleness from Hansen and his troops. They were awesome and an example for all the good things about rugby. Long may this continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.