• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015 Final - Australia v New Zealand, Twickenham, Sunday 1 November, 3:00 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think it's such a problem because people predicted how Owens would be going into it and they were bang on.

Every man on and off the field should be treated with respect but Owens was bereft of any for Stephen Moore. They're men out there, not schoolboys, treat them as such.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Go back through all my posts and see if I've ever talked about Barnes. I've been here long enough. Go over to the Silverfern as well.

And I don't think I'm the only poster that is over the ref whinging especially when there's so much more to discuss about the test.

The whole "rub of the green" is just rubbish. Play the game down the right end of the field, make and execute your plays, win your lineouts and scrums, tackle the house down and get quick ball and play at pace is what was needed. Not some supposed genie with a whistle.
Firstly congrats with your teams win. Secondly good luck trying to convince posters that moaning and groaning about the ref from the losing team sound like sour grapes. Joubert was two weeks ago one of the hottest crirics on here and then after the Scottish test his critics disappeared. Some posters gets so stuck into the ref movements, they forget to watch the rugby players.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Pocock could of been red carded at one stage so I rhi k we can't complain that much. Yes we didn't get the rub but NZ were very good and deserved to win just from caters performance. At least the bledisloe is a real possibility next year.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins, the bastion of neutrality is taking the high road.
It's a sign.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
I thought Cheika getting top coach gong was a good call.

While Hansen inherited a champion team, Cheika copped the damaged model and quickly turned it into a young team that had a very good tournament, and looks to have a big future.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I agree about how good the WC was. Amazing games ,crowds and weather was great too!! As a kiwi it was right result, and after watching replay I actually think score was about fair as well. Also as a kiwi involved in rugby over here, I will say how good it was that Wallabies went so well. both teams in final (and actually all teams) appeared to be very very good with fans , no headlines for wrong reasons, and only positive reports in papers about thing like SBW and medal , the Romanian coming back from YC apologising to ref etc. This is all so good for the best game on Earth, and I am feeling very content at moment.
I have to also say as an older bugger who has been around the game for a while, I get really impressed to see the players showing a huge amount of respect to each other at the end of games ( wish us fans took note), I especially liked how genuinely the ABs and Boks (especially older ones) seemed to enjoy each others company at end of semi, and Shag Hansen wandering amongst Bok players shaking hands with and yapping with Schalk etc , then with a few of Wallabies after final pleased me as did Cheiks wandering amongst ABs during presentations. Whilst the players/management in teams continue to do this we know the game is going to keep being an attractive sport for people to follow or partake in!
All in all we can go into summer break knowing we have a new season coming up soon, with aa our respective teams losing players, so we can look forward to see how newbies go next year, and perhaps we can all look at keeping things positive when discussing game next year!!

And as a footnote qwerty, you are right mate, McCaw and Carter are to bloody old to make the next WC squad!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I agree about how good the WC was. Amazing games ,crowds and weather was great too!! As a kiwi it was right result, and after watching replay I actually think score was about fair as well. Also as a kiwi involved in rugby over here, I will say how good it was that Wallabies went so well. both teams in final (and actually all teams) appeared to be very very good with fans , no headlines for wrong reasons, and only positive reports in papers about thing like SBW and medal , the Romanian coming back from YC apologising to ref etc. This is all so good for the best game on Earth, and I am feeling very content at moment.
I have to also say as an older bugger who has been around the game for a while, I get really impressed to see the players showing a huge amount of respect to each other at the end of games ( wish us fans took note), I especially liked how genuinely the ABs and Boks (especially older ones) seemed to enjoy each others company at end of semi, and Shag Hansen wandering amongst Bok players shaking hands with and yapping with Schalk etc , then with a few of Wallabies after final pleased me as did Cheiks wandering amongst ABs during presentations. Whilst the players/management in teams continue to do this we know the game is going to keep being an attractive sport for people to follow or partake in!
All in all we can go into summer break knowing we have a new season coming up soon, with aa our respective teams losing players, so we can look forward to see how newbies go next year, and perhaps we can all look at keeping things positive when discussing game next year!!

And as a footnote qwerty, you are right mate, McCaw and Carter are to bloody old to make the next WC squad!!

I absolutely agree that, to parphrase Juan- Antonio Samaranch, "this was the best world cup ever." Well done to all participating teams.

It is indeed great to see opponents respecting each other on and off the field. I was always taught that this was what sport was all about and it's very, very gratifying to see that even in the professional age that rugby sets a high standard.

Hansen has achieved so much with this All Black side over the past 4 years, but IMO his greatest achievement is to entrench humility and respect amongst players and coaches. I think that Cheika is cut from the same cloth.

The final whistle has gone, time to put the on-field stuff to the side and rejoice in the game that is rugby.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Agree with the sentiments fellas. Hansen and Cheika exemplified what our great game was about after the final and long may it continue. I've long said to non rugby folks that one of the fantastic things about rugby is the ethos of belting the shit out of each other for 80 minutes and then having a beer in the third half. Some folks are skeptical of this but one look at both teams and their coaches on Sunday morning tells me that the fine traditions of the game are well and truly alive. Well played to all concerned.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
7500d93453d7bf68ff86093320b880fc.jpg

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Congrats to New Zealand. Certainly the better team on the day and got a little luck too, good luck to them. Forward pass was a joke thou, i cant understand how this could be missed in a RWC final.
And farewell and thanks to the many great players on both sides.
2016 promises exciting times, I'm looking forward to facing NZ with a line up albeit without Carter Richie Nonu and Smith. Perhaps others too. Carter had an amazing final. Drop goal was kiwi gold.

Allow me to correct that, mudskipper: "I'm looking forward to facing NZ with our line up including Carter". (Sam Carter, that is)!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Best World Cup of all time.

Okay, we didn't win, but it had everything. Including the Dodgers missing the quarters in their own event.

Doesn't get any better than that.

Having been there I agree with this. The English did a great job of organising the games and the multitude of events around the games. In this respect (and others) this World Cup was about 100 times better than the last, and certainly edged the 2003 version as well.

We should applaud them for an excellent event instead of always having a dig at them about their team missing out.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Having been there I agree with this. The English did a great job of organising the games and the multitude of events around the games. In this respect (and others) this World Cup was about 100 times better than the last, and certainly edged the 2003 version as well.

We should applaud them for an excellent event instead of always having a dig at them about their team missing out.

I too was at the RWC this and four years ago in NZ and thought it was extremely well done. Pretty much everything worked, the people of England and Wales totally got behind it and everyone seemed to have a fantastic time. I certainly did.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I too was at the RWC this and four years ago in NZ and thought it was extremely well done. Pretty much everything worked, the people of England and Wales totally got behind it and everyone seemed to have a fantastic time. I certainly did.
One thing we can learn from the NH. Attendances at matches. Watched yesterday Leicester vs Wasps, unbelieveable the crowd at this club match.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Just saw the video of the kid running into the pitch.

SBW really stuffed up by giving him the medal. It was enough to take him back to his parents and give him a hug.

And the little turd shouldn't have accepted it. How does he think he has any rights to it? Not to mention his parents doing nothing about.

Status
Not open for further replies.