• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Dulwich is a pretty nice school, went there in 2007 on a school rugby tour, fields are really nice, dont have the facilities like some GPS schools though. At least they didnt when i was there...

Really?
The cricket facilities are pretty flash:
Dulwich.jpg

Dulwich2.jpg
dulwich cri.jpg
Its in South London
http://www.dulwich.org.uk/college/sport/sports/rugby

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Samoa looking to wreak merry havoc through some new IRB eligibility loophole with the Olympic 7's.

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/10456409/Isaia-Toeava-linked-to-Samoa-for-the-World-Cup

although their dream team does look pretty flash.

Rudi Wulf, Digby Ioane, Alapati Leiua, Johnny Leota, David Smith, Isaia Toeava, Kahn Fotuali'i, Fritz Lee, Jack Lam, Faifili Levave, Kane Thompson, Filo Paulo, Census Johnston, Ti'i Paulo, Logovi'i Mulipola.

seen a couple of Kubota games this season, NO sighting of Toeava, not even on the bench

Toeava_I.jpg

Come back to NZ bro,
you're still better than
Tom fucking Taylor.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
New RWC 2015 ad

Looks like our chances of winning have improved as the All Blacks don't seem to be attending

Kate Elizabeth

Herbert Moran (7)
New RWC 2015 ad

Looks like our chances of winning have improved as the All Blacks don't seem to be attending

Or the UK. Which should be interesting. Advertising agencies and the marketers who sign stuff off are an interesting bunch*

*disclaimer: I work in marketing

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Similar arrangements were in place for RWC11 in NZ and I'm pretty sure that NZRU and the NZ Govt ended up losing money on the tournament itself.

The NZ Govt and hospitality industry probably made a fair chunk of $ on the back of the RWC tournament. One suspects that there will not be a RWC back in NZ without similar assurances of government assistance.

The IRB will claim that the profit from RWC licences is used to fund development in Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries. The sceptic in me says that only a small portion of that actually gets thrown at the grass roots in the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries with large chunks of the profit being used to keep gravy train going for the "old Farts", filling the Pie Warmer and Wine Cellar at HQ IRB.

It would be useful to see an independent analysis of the IRB accounts to see precisely and simply where the money goes.

That being said, there does seem to be some great work being done around the world in Tier 3 countries based on the show on Foxtel that follows The Rugby Club on Thursday nights - I forget the name of it ATM.

Well, if the IRB want to do some good, I suggest they support the Pacific Islands. The NRL and Sonny Bill Williams were in Samoa recently and league is about to make a big play to become established in Tonga and Samoa and there's plenty of Tongans and Samoans in the NRL to help them and plenty of NRL money to given things a kick along.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Potential stoush with Pom clubs averted& it only cost £13M:

"England's governing Rugby Football Union (RFU) and the country's top-flight Premiership clubs have agreed a £13 million ($NZ26.13 million) compensation deal covering next year's World Cup, it was announced on Friday (local time)."

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/10522749/RFU-reaches-World-Cup-deal-with-English-clubs

Jolly good show, chaps, now let's see how much it's gonna cost to pacify the Frogs.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Potential stoush with Pom clubs averted& it only cost £13M:

"England's governing Rugby Football Union (RFU) and the country's top-flight Premiership clubs have agreed a £13 million ($NZ26.13 million) compensation deal covering next year's World Cup, it was announced on Friday (local time)."

www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/news/10522749/RFU-reaches-World-Cup-deal-with-English-clubs

Jolly good show, chaps, now let's see how much it's gonna cost to pacify the Frogs.

Just think what rugby in Samoa, Tonga and Fiji would be able to do with that sort of money.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Just think what rugby in Samoa, Tonga and Fiji would be able to do with that sort of money.
The crooks at the top of Samoan rugby would just try to keep the lot. Look at their geezers at RWC2011, nicking merch, scamming players daily stipends etc.

Just send Michael Jones back over, he'd sort it out, what a legend, take Inga too no arguments there haha

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The crooks at the top of Samoan rugby would just try to keep the lot. Look at their geezers at RWC2011, nicking merch, scamming players daily stipends etc.

Just send Michael Jones back over, he'd sort it out, what a legend, take Inga too no arguments there haha

Although I was talking rugby, as opposed to the people running rugby.:)

(As we've found in Australia - think JON ;))

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So what would be your Wallabies side for RWC including bolters and returning players from injury fully fit for me 1st XV would be:
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Carter
5. Simmons
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Spreight
12. Kuridrani