• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

He's from Sydney Stars. Good center. Needs to be tested at Super Rugby level.

Kob, I think To'omua worked well on the weekend because he was able to draw and commit defenders before unleashing the men outside of him into space. If he was on longer it may have helped. Considering he got a head knock during a game he was in doubt for due to a suspected concussion, they made the right decision not putting him back on.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
DCtarget, he's also been in the centres for Aus U20's last 2 seasons..as TWAS says he needs to be tested at a higher level but sure as shit you will hear about him one day..

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Kob, I think To'omua worked well on the weekend because he was able to draw and commit defenders before unleashing the men outside of him into space. If he was on longer it may have helped. Considering he got a head knock during a game he was in doubt for due to a suspected concussion, they made the right decision not putting him back on.

also because he didn't kick..not once in general play I don't think..that's the way he needs to play..obviously there are times to do it so long as it goes to the right place!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Just out of curiosity why do you put the apostrophe in To'omua? I'm not being a smart ass, on the contrary I am wondering if you know this to be the correct way?

T

Train Without a Station

It's my understanding it is. I may be wrong though.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I didn't think you did. Assuming the commentators and media, etc get it right you don't repeat the vowel sound in his surname. It is a "too" sound like the "moo" a cow makes (too-moo-ah). If there was the apostrophe, wouldn't it be a "toe" sound with another "oh" sound (toe-o-moo-ah)?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
can i ask why everyone still thinks picking Alexander as a back up is a good idea?
leave Sio as a LHP, he and Cowan as the back ups and pick Weeks and PAE as the THP reserves. both Robinson and Alexader have been tried and not succeeeded, especially Alexander. pick people who can srummage FFS

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
A prop who can't scrummage effectively? (But is he good around the field?;))

Whatever next?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't think you did. Assuming the commentators and media, etc get it right you don't repeat the vowel sound in his surname. It is a "too" sound like the "moo" a cow makes (too-moo-ah). If there was the apostrophe, wouldn't it be a "toe" sound with another "oh" sound (toe-o-moo-ah)?

Just like
James Slip'pah
Sepoke Kep'u
Far'dy
Hoo'pah
and so on

must be bor'ed sti'FF (Folau Fainga'a)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
can i ask why everyone still thinks picking Alexander as a back up is a good idea?
leave Sio as a LHP, he and Cowan as the back ups and pick Weeks and PAE as the THP reserves. both Robinson and Alexader have been tried and not succeeeded, especially Alexander. pick people who can srummage FFS
The reason is I reckon because unless they are a member of the FRU no one has any fucking idea about what prop plays what side best and who the best and second best of each side is either..complicated further by the fact that a lot of them seem to play one side for super rugby and then get picked on the other side for the wallabies! So in selecting these fictitious sides most either go with the incumbents or with whatever everyone else is doing! I hope that answers your question.

Managing my RWC squad over the next 12 months is really just for a bit of fun and I don't claim to be an expert in any particular area..as I embark on my junior coaching career I am using this forum as a learning resource as much as anything else and as such I welcome the ideas of others as much as constructive criticism of my own.., there are many reasons why I may make changes to my squad and plagiarizing the ideas of others is a perfectly acceptable one!

So my friend, you seem to know your shit about the front row and therefore will make the first of 2 changes to my squad..the other follows my convo with TWAS yesterday and i will move fardy to 6 and pocock to the bench.

Just one thing though, didn't Cowan cop a lot of criticism during the RC? And why are Alexander and Robbo the back ups currently if you are right?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

I would have thought Alo-Emile before Pae but as a Rebels supporter you would know better. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree with Sio, and Weeks, bbut not sure about Pek. Could be convinced that Toby Smith could be better?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Leave Kepu and Slipper at home this tour. They look exhausted. Take 3 of Sio, Robbo, Smith and Cowan, as well as Alexander, Weeks and PAE. Give them all roughly the same game time. With Slipper and Kepu both able to switch sides, the best on either side plus the next best overall are established as the back ups.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Every test is important and there is no way Kepu and Slipper would want to be rested.
They'd both be looking forward to the week off before the 3rd Bledisloe and then another week off before the EOYT starts but there's no way they'd want to sit out tests they'd rightfully be in the starting XV for.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
We can't afford the hit to our hard won reputation gains at scrum time so close to the world cup. They do need a rest though I'd like to see them left out of the baa baas game and one game on the bench, probably at different times.

Status
Not open for further replies.