• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2019 SF1: New Zealand v England

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
OK EJ (Eddie Jones), let’s see your cheeky grin working on the field. This is the big one, go well boys. No, be AWESOME.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
He's right you know. I mean, just look at Jérôme Garcès. The guy f*cked the All Blacks out of a Lions series win two years ago, and where is he now? Front row seats to what will probably be one of the most punishingly one dimensional games of rugby to be played this side of 1871.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Turns out our resort does have satellite TV but only in the posh rooms & the restaurant. They're getting a special licence & keeping the bar open & TV going for the game. Not so for SF2, though, so may have to go to the "fishing club" up the road for that one.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
You are over-estimating the culinary skills of my mate!

From recollection is the idea is that onion tart has a sweetness that works with the Pinot Noir (great wine selection fwiw). Though it's a bit of luck as onions are a traditional crop in Burgundy. Let's call it terroir though.

The challenge is out then. Guess I've got to try to find pork pies to go with my IPA.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now I'm really worried:

"Me, I shall be rooting for New Zealand, which no doubt England coach Eddie Jones would expect because "you guys (in the New Zealand media) are just fans with keyboards." Only, the thing is, Eddie, I'm English, and even I don't want England to win."

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/r...glish-need-a-good-beating-from-the-all-blacks

Mark Reason on stuff.co.nz today. All we need now is for Stephen Jones & Pete the Pirate to announce they're Backing Black & we'll be properly forked.

EDIT : last time I remember Reason talking up AB was prior to B&IL2, I think he tipped AB by 20 & we all know how that turned out.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
All you classy folks with your terroir and paired burgundies.

I'll be dressed as a slutty bogan at a halloween party "eating" chips and drinking whatever ethanol-based liquid I can find

You need to aspire!!

Reactions: dru

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Now I'm really worried:

"Me, I shall be rooting for New Zealand, which no doubt England coach Eddie Jones would expect because "you guys (in the New Zealand media) are just fans with keyboards." Only, the thing is, Eddie, I'm English, and even I don't want England to win."

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/r...glish-need-a-good-beating-from-the-all-blacks

Mark Reason on stuff.co.nz today. All we need now is for Stephen Jones & Pete the Pirate to announce they're Backing Black & we'll be properly forked.

EDIT : last time I remember Reason talking up AB was prior to B&IL2, I think he tipped AB by 20 & we all know how that turned out.

Quite why stuff has Reason as a opinion hack is a source of constant bemusement to me.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
This will be the only fixture I ever support the All Blacks in - should be nice to be on the winning side for once.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
This will be the only fixture I ever support the All Blacks in - should be nice to be on the winning side for once.

I'm the same, in the following order: 1. Never back england. 2. Never back the ABs unless they are playing England. 3. Back all Southern Hemisphere teams over NH teams.