• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjm

Billy Sheehan (19)
Syndesmotic injury, often results in a fibula fracture as ligaments between the tib and fib are compromised. Either way he played most of the match with it and was out for six weeks after. I think that's pretty tough.

Sounds like you just want a team full of masochists because he doesn't have a sadist bone in his body.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Wales beat Fiji and Aus beat England the Welshies will put out the 2md string against you guys, they'll come 2nd and play South Africa, or hopefully us at Millennium instead of Us or the Saffas or Japan or Samoa at Twickers.
I like this a lott and would happily press like 6 million times if it were possible. Only one snag. I'm not sure who we'd put in a seconds team. There'd be a truckload of forwards but not many backs

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And if my auntie was a man she'd be my uncle.

Seriously which team are you putting out for Fiji? It can't be full strength because then you'll be playing full strength 3 matches in a row before the knock outs. If you put out anything other than full strength you'll lose too. I really don't see Wales winning this. Got a likely 23?

The Fijians pushed Eng and Aus full strength teams in parts. Wales will no doubt put out a weaker side than those teams. Fiji have Uruguay after this and have had 8 days rest for this. They'll going to throw everything at this game and will want to come away with a win. You should be quite concerned. Fiji to have scrum and maul dominance.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seriously which team are you putting out for Fiji? It can't be full strength because then you'll be playing full strength 3 matches in a row before the knock outs. If you put out anything other than full strength you'll lose too. I really don't see Wales winning this. Got a likely 23?

The Fijians pushed Eng and Aus full strength teams in parts. Wales will no doubt put out a weaker side than those teams. Fiji have Uruguay after this and have had 8 days rest for this. They'll going to throw everything at this game and will want to come away with a win. You should be quite concerned. Fiji to have scrum and maul dominance.
I have

Melon
Owens
Francis
Davies
Awj
Warbs
l idiot
Faletau
Davies
Biggar
Jaw
Ook
North
Cuthbert
Priestland

Brynmors boy
Anscombe
Walker
Lee
Charteris
Tips
Baldwin
James

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Then, of course, people will say the pack is too small. But what is size helpful for?

Getting over the advantage line? Dominance in collisions?

Maul defense for one thing. We're not likely to disrupt them in the air so we'll have to do it on the ground.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So full strength? I doubt Gatland will go for that, especially risking more injuries to key players.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Like highlander said, the time for ch to put out the second xv is for Australia. We beat Fiji with be we re through.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
I like this a lott and would happily press like 6 million times if it were possible. Only one snag. I'm not sure who we'd put in a seconds team. There'd be a truckload of forwards but not many backs
And with the amount of injuries, they would propably be 4th stringers tbh

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
People seem very optimistic about Fiji for some reason. I don't see them getting within 20 vs Wales, and probably a bit more than 20.

? Why not. They got within 20 of Aus and Eng full strength sides. Wales' side won't be any where near as good as those. Wales beat Fiji by 4 last year with Fiji having 14 men for 50 mins or something. I've been very impressed by Fiji, their scrum is very good, ball retention vastly improved and defence capable.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
? Why not. They got within 20 of Aus and Eng full strength sides. Wales' side won't be any where near as good as those. Wales beat Fiji by 4 last year with Fiji having 14 men for 50 mins or something. I've been very impressed by Fiji, their scrum is very good, ball retention vastly improved and defence capable.
I hope you got the 9.50 when it was on offer!

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)

Wales are better than both those sides. From a neutral perspective anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.