• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Let me get this right, Wales beat England and all of a sudden they're a better side? Does that mean Japan are better than the Boks?
I think you could comfortably argue Wales are a better side than England & have been for the last few years.
England given their resources can always win against anyone but you can't fail to see they don't know quite how they want to play the game.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Wales just announced a full strength team. Ok Gatland, good luck with burnout.

It had to be. Just had to be. And it still might not be enough.

Look, I love Wales, been to several games there and the atmosphere is just electric. BUT in the Southern Hemisphere how can you fail to be excited by Fiji? Go Fiji, just go.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yep - Welsh want the satisfaction of making the quarters at the expense of either England or Australia. They're not going into their shells now, and if we beat the Poms handily enough (no guarantees there) they can go full steam on Fiji and us.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Let me get this right, Wales beat England and all of a sudden they're a better side? Does that mean Japan are better than the Boks?

If you remember the predictions before the tournament, I already put Wales as 1 and England as 2 in that group mate. ;)

Your second sentence has nothing to do with it.

Gatland knows how to get the best out of his teams when it matters. Injuries might dilute it a little, but every team will suffer them at some stage.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I wouldn't be throwing stones if I were you.
if your boys were in this pool,you might beat Uruguay to avoid going home winless.

Maybe you didn't read all my posts? I don't even think we'll beat Scotland, lol. I'm not the one proclaiming we will win games that we won't.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yep - Welsh want the satisfaction of making the quarters at the expense of either England or Australia. They're not going into their shells now, and if we beat the Poms handily enough (no guarantees there) they can go full steam on Fiji and us.
It will be a Pyrrhic victory.
They are already in pieces,and they intend to play their strongest team v Fiji,and one would expect against us.
They would struggle to beat your subbies team by QF time,there will be broken bodies as far as the eye can see.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wales just announced a full strength team. Ok Gatland, good luck with burnout.
He has full strength or the equivalent of a third team. Win on Thursday, trust that Aus should do the business against England and the Wale are through to a very winnable QF whether it is BT Scotland or SA.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm nervous thinking about the Wallabies game on the weekend mostly thinking about our poor goal kicking and rusty backline. I sure hope Kafer was right about the Wallabies holding back.
With Larkham being the backline coach I expected to see a lot more trick shots but really nothing so far.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think he has an option. Doubt anyone is expecting them to win the title or seriously push once into the quarters. But now they have a chance at making the finals they have to do whatever they can.
I think you're wrong there

Status
Not open for further replies.