• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It will be a Pyrrhic victory.
They are already in pieces,and they intend to play their strongest team v Fiji,and one would expect against us.
They would struggle to beat your subbies team by QF time,there will be broken bodies as far as the eye can see.
You're forgetting that it's not a minority's sport in Wales and it's not like they have to come far over the English Channel to join the squad. Plus since the season has started there's no problem with fitness. Much harder to replace Sh players

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Love that ad - no idea what it was scrapped.

It will be a Pyrrhic victory.
They are already in pieces,and they intend to play their strongest team v Fiji,and one would expect against us.
They would struggle to beat your subbies team by QF time,there will be broken bodies as far as the eye can see.

So? They'll have progressed, and either England or Australia won't, and that will be that. Gotta be in it to win it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not trying to be argumentative,but who did you beat to get to #2?

England, away, in a double points match.

It doesn't make them the second best side in the world. It just makes them currently the 2nd highest ranked side in the world.

Wales can win by 15+ against Fiji and not be the 2nd ranked side by the next weekend when they play the Wallabies (for our sake, let's hope that is the case).

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales are better than both those sides. From a neutral perspective anyway.
Been mulling things over From a neutrals perspective myself and whilst I can imagine the doom and gloom in Sa after the Japan game I have a funny feeling that when we look back it might've been the perfect kick up the arse that Meyer and his bois needed. It's a bloody long road to the final and the kiwis have shown previously that it's easy to get complacent if you're looking like world beaters at the beginning. Put it this way, after Japan everyone in the squad knows what's at stake now and they've begun to look good

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Been mulling things over From a neutrals perspective myself and whilst I can imagine the doom and gloom in Sa after the Japan game I have a funny feeling that when we look back it might've been the perfect kick up the arse that Meyer and his bois needed. It's a bloody long road to the final and the kiwis have shown previously that it's easy to get complacent if you're looking like world beaters at the beginning. Put it this way, after Japan everyone in the squad knows what's at stake now and they've begun to look good

Even on our best day we won't challenge the All Blacks though, so it's moot at this point.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Palu missed 60 caps by 3.

Quade and Kepu have 2 caps to go.

Giteau and Moore will bring up their 100th in the quarter (if we make it).

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
What the hell has this shite got to do with Aus v England.

Gnome there is a spot for your stuff, but it's not here. Wtf!?!
True. We have drifted off the point. I must admit I'd lost track of which thread this was. Perhaps all the Fiji love and announcements and comment on the welsh team should pass over to the other thread too

dru

Tim Horan (67)
True. We have drifted off the point. I must admit I'd lost track of which thread this was. Perhaps all the Fiji love and announcements and comment on the welsh team should pass over to the other thread too

Go away. Come back when we are are playing the boyos. But go away.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
In the last 18 months: England, France, South Africa(almost another in South Africa), Ireland.

Australia have lost to Ireland, France and Argentina in that time. Not sure why you seem to think Australia are better than Wales then.
Well beating them about 10 times in a row.. Pretty good Reason to think were better?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The Wallabies will absolutely be viewing this match as do or die.

Qualification is up for grabs for either team in this game. The loser will certainly be out if it's England and probably out if it's Australia.

Even if we lose and qualify second, we have close to an unwinnable world cup. A: we've lost to England, and B: we then have to face a succession of teams who may well be better than England. The Pool A winner has a comparative dream run to the final. We have to best England and win the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.