• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
LONDON: Wallabies vice-captain Michael Hooper has been slapped with a one-week ban for an illegal cleanout, but the good news for Australia is that he's openside flanker is still alive.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/rugby-world-cup-2015-wallabies-vicecaptain-michael-hooper-suspended-from-crucial-match-against-wales-20151006-gk2sio.html#ixzz3nn09czuW
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
I didn't realise he was facing the death penalty!

Stop posting pictures of Henry VIII please.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Wrap Folau in cotton wool I say.​
Beale can do the job against Wales.​

And six people agreed with this comment!!! Next thing you'll be telling me is that global warming is really happening.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is it possibly that your Gnome has him @CardiffBlue?

talking of which. Ever the since the sun came out andyou beat the Orcs he's been like this.

43-produktbild-funny_gnomes-holidaying_gnome_swimming_gnome.696326.0.jpg

Don't know what to make of it. the little bugger knows something about Saturday he's not telling me

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can McMahon & Big Dog play against the starting Welsh backrow? To give a rest to Pocock for the finals

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Bugger about Hooper and Folau... Both are pretty massive losses. I had thought Folau's ankle wasn't a big deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
MCMAHON! Direct, like-for-like replacement. Play the same game on the ground with the same width, exactly as we mean to go on. McCalman is good but he doesn't quite provide that. McCalman also has a role to play as a finisher.

Beale for Folau and Mitchell for Horne as required.

Although I think Joe Tomane deserves a shot.

Along with McMahon, how many of the current squad played 7s? There's McMahon, Phipps, Foley, Kuridrani -- anyone else?

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Someone's having fun with Rob Simmons' Wikipedia page:

He made his Super Rugby debut for the Queensland Reds in South Africa off the bench against the Bulls at the beginning of the 2009 season. Unfortunately for Roberto his performance was nothing short of woeful, and his controversial debut has been regarded as one of the worst in rugby history, scoring the first own try in the history of rugby, along with giving away 29 penalties and receiving a yellow card

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Gee thanks. that's unprecedented. Is this a new form of warm fuzzy plastic? ;)
I have always supported Wales if it doesn't affect Ireland. Didn't in protest after the Rolland/ Warburton business, but that is all forgotten now. At the end of the day, we all play in the same league. The same doesn't apply to the Scots of course, hopefully Samoa/ Japan can knock them out, not just for their scabbery over the Heineken but also for their pathetic capitulation in the face of a beatable South Africa, there should be a non trier rule in the RWC.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can McMahon & Big Dog play against the starting Welsh backrow? To give a rest to Pocock for the finals
No. This game is just as important as the one last week, and can I remind you that these blokes beat the Orcs.
From here on in it's full on best side available for the next 4 weeks.
I hope McMahon gets the nod. He is not really a like for like replacement though. He's a 6 disguised as a 7. He is not as on the ball as Hooper or Poey.
But his work rate is high and he tackles like a demon.
This will be a big test for our back row.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not because I am a Force fan, but I think McCalman should start. He is a better jumper, has more experience and offers less as an impact player off the bench. McMahon coming on with 20 to go would be a handful and a half.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd be happy with McMahon or the Big Dog starting and obviously the other finishing. That said, I'm with Groucho on the thought that we should keep playing the same style and thus go with two complementary fetchers rather than the traditional back row. It's working so well that I'd not want to mess with it.

Is Izzy definitely out?

Status
Not open for further replies.