• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I don't think there are any leaks or mind games. More a case of overzealous media outlets needing headlines. Does Cheika or the rest of Australia give a shit who Wales play at 13 and 15? No. Nothing changes. Absolutely nil.

North or Hook at 13 are both reasonable speculations. Because they are the only real options there and both good-ish ones at that.

Tipuric in the backline has to come from the Gwlad forum. Now there's a nutty place.

Anscombe at 15 makes 100% sense. Good player that.

I'm waiting for Fatland to start talking his customary crap though. He has been very quiet.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The weather forecast is very good for Saturday in Twickers, can't see it turning into a slog fest. I would have a punt there will be fewer than 10 scrums in the game.
That's gatlands reasoning in a nutshell. Sacrifice srummage for mobility. Would be stroke of genius if we weren't back peddling so fast

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why is playing Anscombe at 15 silly buggers? Anscombe has played 15 for almost all his time at the Chiefs because they have lots of good 10's. He has played very well there.
Cos why would you play a newbie who's played 10 all season in a position where Sanjay plays so well.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I don't think there are any leaks or mind games. More a case of overzealous media outlets needing headlines. Does Cheika or the rest of Australia give a shit who Wales play at 13 and 15? No. Nothing changes. Absolutely nil.

North or Hook at 13 are both reasonable speculations. Because they are the only real options there and both good-ish ones at that.

Tipuric in the backline has to come from the Gwlad forum. Now there's a nutty place.

Anscombe at 15 makes 100% sense. Good player that.

I'm waiting for Fatland to start talking his customary crap though. He has been very quiet.
I think you are wrong. I think cheika will wanna know who gatland has picked at both 13 and 15. No surprise therefore that cheika has delayed. He wants to force gatland to go first. As noted above, to me it makes no sense to play anscombe at 15 or any of the other rumours unless you're not taking the win that seriously.

Love gwlad and munster fans is growing on me too. Which is a worry

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah I thought last week when Lee came on it would improve but it didn't seem to. They will be better though I would imagine but gee they miss the one with the hair.
I miss wasshisname with the hair too. But he hasn't been great since he was dropped.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
They miss the one with the hair from three years ago, not the present model. Lee is a very fine young THP who is creeping back to fitness after a massive injury. I doubt if Fatland would risk him unless he is 100%. The Wale's Loose head side is much more of an issue, IMHO.
I totally agree. Plus you're right. Gethin is the issue when it comes to scrums. Unless he's improved in a week gatland has to decide whether to sacrifice melon s work rate and mobility for a steady set piece. But then he might do that and find that the scrum is still screwed. He'll go with gethin

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think you are wrong. I think cheika will wanna know who gatland has picked at both 13 and 15. No surprise therefore that cheika has delayed. He wants to force gatland to go first. As noted above, to me it makes no sense to play and me at 15 or any of the other rumours unless you're not taking the win that seriously.

Incorrect. The wallabies would have been working on a game plan all week structured around who is in their team, not yours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Incorrect. The wallabies would have been working on a game plan all week structured around who is in their team, not yours.

I'm sure they are working on a game plan but injuries and fitness tests will require some flexibility and I may be wrong but In my view the team announcement is round one to cheika.

By delaying his announcement he forces gatlands hand to name either his first xv or one of the multiple floated rumoured sides before he decides who to put in in response.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I'm sure they are working on a game plan but injuries and fitness tests will require some flexibility and I may be wrong but In my view the team announcement is round one to cheika.

By delaying his announcement he forces gatlands hand to name either his first xv or one of the multiple floated rumoured sides before he decides who to put in in response.
Oh ok, I'm with you.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think you are wrong. I think cheika will wanna know who gatland has picked at both 13 and 15. No surprise therefore that cheika has delayed. He wants to force gatland to go first. As noted above, to me it makes no sense to play anscombe at 15 or any of the other rumours unless you're not taking the win that seriously.

What, so he can pick the same guys at 13 ad 15 himself? Who would Cheika pick differently depending on who Fatland picks. NOBODY. He is picking who he sees as his best players for this gig. The end.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Wales team

15-9 Gareth Anscombe (Cardiff Blues), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton Saints), Jamie Roberts (Harlequins), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Gareth Davies (Scarlets),

1-8 Paul James (Ospreys), Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Racing 92), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Capt) (Cardiff Blues), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Ross Moriarty (Gloucester Rugby), Lloyd Williams (Cardiff Blues), Rhys Priestland (Bath Rugby), James Hook (Gloucester Rugby).

Status
Not open for further replies.