• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
If SA were fielding these players at the height of their form,they would be close to favourites to win it.
Sadly for them,most of their players are well past their best.
Matfield & Berger are the best examples,both world class players back in the day,not nearly so much now.

I dunno. I'd take both their locks, Vermuelen (playing at 6), Du Preez, Pollard (until last weekend, maybe still) and both centers.

Reactions: TSR

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
true, but his technique was not effective enough, the guy got up too quickly, being lower, some clearer evidence of arms and better body position ensure that the scragger thinks twice in the future

Best I can say for it is that 1) it was Mike Brown and 2) his face was a picture

WOOLI

Frank Nicholson (4)
Apparently Gits and Izzy are back training and Horne is awaiting scan results.

Can't see there will be much change to last week's fifteen... maybe 1 or 2 pending Horne.

Cheiks will want to keep the A-side to avoid SA & AB's.

It will be interesting to see how the Oz scrum goes against the plumes

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
We'll keep telling the world how good Cooper is, you keep carrying on about excuses for Phipps. Let's say we all have our weaknesses.

Maaaate, my home's in Queensland and I live and work in WA. Not sure who this "You" and "We" are.

WOOLI

Frank Nicholson (4)
Who's on the citing investigation committee?

If there are a lot from England, he might get banned for 5 years so that he can't play in Japan in 2019 o_O

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
So Jannie, the Paddy and Hooper all do the same foul play during the weekend, the Paddy and Jannie get YCs respectively and Hooper is just penalized(should have been a YC for me), Paddy and Jannie walk with the yellows and Hooper goes for a hearing and propably cops himself 2 weeks. Consistency?

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales is too strong for any kind of walkover. They're a level up from England, as they proved by beating them. This'll probably go like almost all Wales vs. Oz games: down to the last quarter, or to the final minutes, or to the final moments.

We have got better at closing games down in final minutes. we just haven't done it against Australia, yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.