• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

A joke it may be, but the Samoan knee lift is a completely different kettle of fish to this non-event. No jaw bones at stake here.

IF he gets pulled up for it I'd say a retro yellow is the worst case,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If he gets cited, and thats a big if to start with, then I assume he would face a kneeing charge, which if proven is a low end 4 weeks ban.

My feeling is that if cited he is in trouble because it doesent look great in the real time video, as mentioned earlier, oddly enough it looks better in the slo-mo - which is counter intuitive.

It will also largely depend what the angles we havent seen show, they may clear or condemn.

You are right about it not being aimed at the head in this case, but its still regarded as a serious instance of foul play if it proves to be a deliberate kneeing. I dont see any way it would be regarded as a YC offence under the laws of the game. It either didnt happen or its RC.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
As for the ref I thought he did a reasonable job some 50-50 calls for both sides were disappointing for the team it went against.
Also when we were camped on your line for what seemed for ever with about a dozen penalties no call for a penalty try was given, then when Cuthbert knocked on and was yellow carded deservedly so he asked the TMO for a wide angle shot to see if a penalty try could be given,:confused:
But I and most watching it thought it a cracker of a game, can we beat SA hmmm, the same again will be the out come without a backline it will be very very difficult.

T

TOCC

certain people on here would let you believe this is what occurred
method=get&s=silva-knee-gif.gif

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
I posted half way down this thread that our attack would let us down as we don't have much of one left, which I think was the case, we got over your line 3 times was it good defence or poor finishing.
As for the 10 min we had you under pressure without a score, our game is built around a dominant forward display, which I think went OK, but our attack is predictable, from one side of the field to the other, thus easier to defend, thus 13 men could do it as well as 15, not taking away the heroic defence of your line guys just trying to explain it.
Now Roberts, and Sanjay are injured, I believe Sanjay was not 100% going into the game.
If their injuries are serious we have real problems going into the next game.
Roberts is ok for next week, Sanjay is out of the tournament.
All Wales' creative play comes from either Jon Davies or Scott Williams at 13 - without those two we're a busted flush going forward.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Seeing more and more of Pocock's "kneeing" on various different rugby blogs and news sites.

Holy shit I will be furious if this is because Shiggins' bleating on here or wouldn't even put it past him to email in a link to various groups.

FFS.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You're absolutely right Shiggins is the only one who saw the knee. If he hadn't said anything then no one else would have ever spotted it. I think his position standing on the grassy knoll gave him the only unobscured view of the incident.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
There's a bit of debate about whether the Welsh made the wrong decision in not taking the points on offer in the second half. I actually think it was the right call. To beat the best teams you have to make the most of those chances. They were never ever going to get a better chance to score a try than with 2 men in the bin. I think the Wallabies would do the same thing if they were in that position against the All Blacks. In fact any top tier rugby side would like their chances of getting a push over try.

Wales were never going to win that game without scoring a try, so they did the right thing in going for broke. When Australia ultimately won that penalty after being camped in their 22 for about 10 minutes, they really had no problem navigating their way to victory from their. Wales weren't able to get back down deep into our half to put on any sort of meaningful pressure. If Wales had just opted to take the 3 points on offer at the 62nd minute mark they still would have lost IMO. Australia looked a bit more dynamic in attack than Wales and were gaining penalties from the scrums. So I do think Wales made the right call in going all out for the try when they had the chance.

G

galumay

Seeing more and more of Pocock's "kneeing" on various different rugby blogs and news sites.

Holy shit I will be furious if this is because Shiggins' bleating on here or wouldn't even put it past him to email in a link to various groups.

FFS.

Oh grow up, if he gets cited there is no one to blame except Pocock.

Do you seriously think other sites, news services and blogs come here and read what we say on here?

Do you also think that the citing officer bases his investigations on issues he sees posted online?

He reviews the tape of the game and investigates any incidents that catch his attention.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I haven't seen it mentioned on any respectable news site..............

In fact, I haven't seen it on any non-respectable news site either..................

Probably because there's nothing there to see.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
surely from here on out the judiciary would want to be relatively lenient with suspensions given the magnitude of missing a world cup QF/SF/F. The Pocock incident looked for very uncertain. Even a one week suspension would be very harsh in the circumstances.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whats the deadline for a charge to be made post game? Pretty sure there is one

I'm pretty sure it's 48 hours from the final whistle...........

But since there's no mention of the incident outside of Shiggins' posts here and on PR, which led to it getting picked up by TVNZ, I'm not particularly concerned.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
There's a bit of debate about whether the Welsh made the wrong decision in not taking the points on offer in the second half. I actually think it was the right call. To beat the best teams you have to make the most of those chances. They were never ever going to get a better chance to score a try than with 2 men in the bin. I think the Wallabies would do the same thing if they were in that position against the All Blacks. In fact any top tier rugby side would like their chances of getting a push over try.

Wales were never going to win that game without scoring a try, so they did the right thing in going for broke. When Australia ultimately won that penalty after being camped in their 22 for about 10 minutes, they really had no problem navigating their way to victory from their. Wales weren't able to get back down deep into our half to put on any sort of meaningful pressure. If Wales had just opted to take the 3 points on offer at the 62nd minute mark they still would have lost IMO. Australia looked a bit more dynamic in attack than Wales and were gaining penalties from the scrums. So I do think Wales made the right call in going all out for the try when they had the chance.
We ll never know. Easier in retrospect. I was wildly enthusiastic when they went for touch so god knows what it was like for the guys on the field

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How can there be debate Wales should've gone for the posts? A draw was like a loss for them so there were down by 7..

Reactions: BDA
G

galumay

surely from here on out the judiciary would want to be relatively lenient with suspensions given the magnitude of missing a world cup QF/SF/F. The Pocock incident looked for very uncertain. Even a one week suspension would be very harsh in the circumstances.

I dont think there is any sense of worrying about perception, if its cited, and if he were found guilty, it wont be 1 week. Its a 4 week suspension for lower level offence with kneeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom