• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A; 2:45am (AEDT) Sunday 11 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
It's fair to debate whether Mumm's actions were a penalty offence but he wasn't yellow carded for taking the man out in the air.

He was yellow carded for repeated infringements.

And you could penalise him for crossing the lineout gap anyway. Its all fucking academic now.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
And you could penalise him for crossing the lineout gap anyway. Its all fucking academic now.
He did it at least twice. Just wasn't penalised the first time. Maybe jooby had an advantage that got changed to a penalty for collapsing the Maul

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Clearly my post was not about Foley or Biggar.

But I'll add some pointless cock rubbing because that's all you seem to understand:

Wldbky3.jpg

I won't feed this troll either

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Sean obrien has a similar incident being held and reacting with a punch

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Whats the deadline for a charge to be made post game? Pretty sure there is one

"The Citing Commissioner will review the Match live and from recordings. He will have access to all the available Match clips from the host broadcaster lTV and Hawkeye multi-camera feeds. The Citing Commissioner may cite a Player for an act of Illegal and/or Foul Play contrary to Law 10.4 of the Laws of the Game within 36 hours of the conclusion of the Match. Where the Citing Commissioner requires more time to investigate a particular incident he may apply to the judicial Officer for an extension of time."

Extract from the RWC 2015 Tournament Disciplinary Process Explained booklet, available on the RWC 15 Website.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
Given that it's now after midnight in the UK and the deadline is around 7am UK time the chances are nothing will come of it and one troll is going to be very disappointed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He didn't take him out BH, he just dislodged the ball.
Look at the vid in Brians Smiths spiel.

That gif is misleading though because it doesn't show the angle that I think got him penalised.

I agree that Mumm's left arm only dislodged the ball.

His right arm was wrapping round AWJ though and made enough contact with him in the air to be penalised. That's also the view Stuart Berry would have had from the sideline.

I think the penalty was fair.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Given that it's now after midnight in the UK and the deadline is around 7am UK time the chances are nothing will come of it and one troll is going to be very disappointed.

I don't think that Hooper's citing was announced until after that 36 hour window had elapsed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Citing Bloke has 36 hours to inform the Judicial Officer, and presumably the Team Manager of a citing against the guilty bastard.

There is no requirement for informing the general public about a post match citing within 36 hours.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Citing Bloke has 36 hours to inform the Judicial Officer, and presumably the Team Manager of a citing against the guilty bastard.

There is no requirement for informing the general public about a post match citing within 36 hours.

As you posted they also have the ability to get the time extended. I think the whole thing is fairly fluid.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Mumm penalty was board-line at best. Hard to see how you could send him off for that. I understand the CJ said repeat offences but it was only the second penalty at the line-out by my count and no warning given. Plus we'd just had a man sent to the bin.

I posted prior to the game that I was worried about CJ's propensity for handing out cards. I believe he thinks he's failed in his job if he doesn't hand out at least 2 cards every game. He gave 3 yellow cards in the Samoa v Japan game and 3 again yesterday. Compare that to Poite who really didn't want to give out any cards in the England v Wallabies game.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Mumm penalty was board-line at best. Hard to see how you could send him off for that. I understand the CJ said repeat offences but it was only the second penalty at the line-out by my count and no warning given. Plus we'd just had a man sent to the bin.

I posted prior to the game that I was worried about CJ's propensity for handing out cards. I believe he thinks he's failed in his job if he doesn't hand out at least 2 cards every game. He gave 3 yellow cards in the Samoa v Japan game and 3 again yesterday. Compare that to Poite who really didn't want to give out any cards in the England v Wallabies game.

There could have been more yellows (and maybe should have been) a couple of the Welsh were lucky to stay on after numerous ruck infringements and a couple of the Wobs were well off side out wide and that drove the Welsh back in close

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeah, heard James & Walker were still not quite fit enough ? Just shows the paucity of options available to us when we get a run of injuries. Where are the young wings/centres coming through ?
Would Morgan cope against SA ?

Think he's gotta go with Ook or Morgan. Don't mind who as long as Ooky doesn't start crabbing sideways.

think it was you who noted that Gatlandball depends on having A Scott or Foxy at 13 who can distribute the ball. Otherwise, if they're never drawn into two minds about what's gonna happen they'll just pack the midfield and await the charger

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The warning was just for general penalties in Wales' attacking zone and had come some time before.

Genia's was a professional foul and a yellow card on its own so there was no resetting of the warning.

I tend to think both cards were fair.

Wales were probably one penalty short of a card at one point earlier in the game.

Both teams were really pushing the boundaries while defending so I don't think Joubert had much choice. That match would have been an absolute dog's breakfast if he'd let more of it go.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Dan, that was a good contest, unlike a lot of boring NH penaltythons.

Are you really saying that penalty goals are more interesting than tries?

Now that would be idiotic.

Not saying that at all, but after all a try is just someone pushing down on the ball, and a penalty is when someone kicks it over the crossbar, but in all cases it is what happens in the lead up to both conclusions that make a game good or not. And really what I was trying to point out Wam, were there were some pretty sarcastic remarks before Pom match that,hey they just kick goals, but we always score tries, and winning by getting penalties is no less entertaining or less earned than by scoring tries. Why I keep saying I love this game and don't want it to change, you can play it so many ways!!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Why I keep saying I love this game and don't want it to change, you can play it so many ways!!

this x 1000

the pleasure of rugby is that for every style there is a counter

The Welsh nullified our quick ball by attacked our ball carriers by holding them off the ground for as much as possible and then competing hard at the breakdown

We actually didn't have an answer

Many sides seem to have worked out Folau now as well, everyone sends units up to clatter into him as they "compete" for the ball

He hasn't found an answer for that either

But I expect they are working at solutions while the Scots look to find other weaknesses

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Just saw a Fox sports report about the Pocock knee incident, but clearly stating that 'no report has been made', or something to that effect.

Jeez you'd think they could refrain from undermining an Aussie team by presenting 'what-if' stories, surely, FFS!!?!?!??

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
Watched it 20 times - no chance he's getting cited for that. He just loses a bit of balance getting pulled back and steps forward - the other guy was just in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.