• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relance

Herbert Moran (7)
You didn't really think they wouldn't revert to that style in the RWC did you? Because there's no way they'll beat Aus playing attacking rugby and I reckon they know that.

I reckon I was hoping for a more hybrid style, a la Bath 2015, but you're right, probably set my expectations too high. It remains that their current strengths are their defensive structure and multi-phase play in attack, they won't win the RWC with their set-piece. Cole looks out of form, Marler and Youngs are average scrummagers, and their LO has been shaky at best.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
You didn't really think they wouldn't revert to that style in the RWC did you? Because there's no way they'll beat Aus playing attacking rugby and I reckon they know that.
They are in this rwc to win it. They reckon that the percentages are in their favour if the go for shock and awe rather than flair. But like the comment in French from relance above says......

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
My heart bleeds! You think you've got problems!!

This late rush for underdog status doesn't fool anyone.

Injury list envy is new phenomenon! Mine is longer than yours!

That's what she said! :p

But yeah I can't really complain about injuries too much. Just really annoying that it looks like we will have a Farrell, Barritt and Burgess combo in the back line...

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
You don't think they will do Tipuric and Warburton together at all?

Dont think that experiment worked. Sam went AWOL. Cementball requires one flanker basically to tackle themselves into the ground. L'idiot does that better than anyone.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Brad Barritt, 12 Sam Burgess, 11 Jonny May, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 Tom Wood, 5 Courtney Lawes, 4 Geoff Parling, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Joe Marler
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kieran Brookes, 19 Joe Launchbury, 20 James Haskell, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 George Ford, 23 Alex Goode

Wales: 15 Liam Williams, 14 George North, 13 Scott Williams, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Hallam Amos, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Gareth Davies, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun Wyn Jones, 4 Bradley Davies, 3 Tomas Francis, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gethin Jenkins
Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Aaron Jarvis, 18 Samson Lee, 19 Luke Charteris, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Lloyd Williams, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Alex Cuthbert.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Brad Barritt, 12 Sam Burgess, 11 Jonny May, 10 Owen Farrell, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Billy Vunipola, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 Tom Wood, 5 Courtney Lawes, 4 Geoff Parling, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Joe Marler
Replacements: 16 Rob Webber, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kieran Brookes, 19 Joe Launchbury, 20 James Haskell, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 George Ford, 23 Alex Goode

Wales: 15 Liam Williams, 14 George North, 13 Scott Williams, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 Hallam Amos, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Gareth Davies, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun Wyn Jones, 4 Bradley Davies, 3 Tomas Francis, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gethin Jenkins
Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Aaron Jarvis, 18 Samson Lee, 19 Luke Charteris, 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Lloyd Williams, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 Alex Cuthbert.
Got three wrong. He's gone for Davies over charteris. Amos over cuthbert (omg!!! ) and no pikey on the bench. Looks strong

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Got three wrong. He's gone for Davies over charteris. Amos over cuthbert (omg!!! ) and no pikey on the bench. Looks strong
Pleased Amos is ahead of the Donkey. Disappointed Baldwin is starting ahead of Owens. Hope Davies doesn't do anything stupid, hope Lawes and Farrell do. I would love it if this was the game where Farrell's short fuse burnt out and he saw red.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
This is weird. Find myself agreeing with you again.
I am back to supporting Wales and watch the Welsh players week in week out in the league so know them quite well. I like Amos a lot as a player and Bandy Legs was a revelation last year after his fuck up in SA made him realise he is much better when he concentrates on playing rugby rather than trying to hurt people.

Webb is a massive loss but Davies played well last weekend and Youngs is a complete flat track bully, liable to start blubbing if he isn't sat in an armchair in his slippers.

I really do think Wales will win this one. I certainly hope so anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.