• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Lancaster made the changes that I'd feared, though I guess the JJ one is kind of enforced. Still, I kind of feel like we should win this one, which is a dangerous feeling and almost makes me feel nervous in itself! Still, here's hoping for a cracker of a game. More likely for a bish bash bosh fest but fingers crossed still.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pleased Amos is ahead of the Donkey. Disappointed Baldwin is starting ahead of Owens. Hope Davies doesn't do anything stupid, hope Lawes and Farrell do. I would love it if this was the game where Farrell's short fuse burnt out and he saw red.
Only thing worrying me (and it should concern the Aussies too) is that there's a truckload of cash riding on Orc success in their World Cup. in terms of viewing and sponsors and ads, little old Wales or anyone else don't cut it. You can see it in the itv pundits comments and read it every day. The pressure on the ref to get the result needed must be enormous. If we win tomorrow the need for a fix will fall on the orcland vs Australia game. Which team does irb most need to win? England Australia Wales in that order. If we're in front with few minutes to go then I fully expect a late kickable penalty.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lancaster made the changes that I'd feared, though I guess the JJ one is kind of enforced. Still, I kind of feel like we should win this one, which is a dangerous feeling and almost makes me feel nervous in itself! Still, here's hoping for a cracker of a game. More likely for a bish bash bosh fest but fingers crossed still.
The gnome is strong in you shelts. That's good cos I haven't seen him all week

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Only thing worrying me (and it should concern the Aussies too) is that there's a truckload of cash riding on Orc success in their World Cup. in terms of viewing and sponsors and ads, little old Wales or anyone else don't cut it. You can see it in the itv pundits comments and read it every day. The pressure on the ref to get the result needed must be enormous. If we win tomorrow the need for a fix will fall on the orcland vs Australia game. Which team does irb most need to win? England Australia Wales in that order. If we're in front with few minutes to go then I fully expect a late kickable penalty.
I fully appreciate your cynicism, CB, but WorldRugby are guaranteed their cash and the RFU have theirs because they have, to be fair to them, sold a fuck of a lot of tickets. ITV and a rake of ticket touts will lose a fortune which doesn't greatly concern me.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Im not saying you are completely wrong, but I tend to think that is called home game advantage

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Scott the fastest prop in world rugby, Niel Jenkins how many points would he have scored in a good side?

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I do enjoy the irony of England relying on illegal tactics for scrum parity. We got away with it in 2003 - I wonder if the Poms will cheat their way through here.
They have been getting away with it for a few years now. I will be smiling quietly to myself should the Aussie scrum gain supremacy against the Orcs, as they should. But beware the Poite factor, the man is a complete tool.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
They have been getting away with it for a few years now. I will be smiling quietly to myself should the Aussie scrum gain supremacy against the Orcs, as they should. But beware the Poite factor, the man is a complete tool.
I'm sure if I dug back far enough in this site I'd find a posting of yewers that rails against those who carp on about crap refs (like I do). Yewve come over to the dark side plastic!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
I'm sure if I dug back far enough in this site I'd find a posting of yewers that rails against those who carp on about crap refs (like I do). Yewve come over to the dark side plastic!
No, at International level I really don't think the standard of reffing is that bad, apart from Poite and Barnes. Clancy is not great but obviously rarely refs any teams I support. JP Doyle and Leighton Hodges should not be anywhere near this tournament as well but Nig, Garces and Jackson are very good and some of those below such as Peyper, Lacey etc are far from hopeless. Joubert is alright as long as there is no prospect of crowd trouble?!?!?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No, at International level I really don't think the standard of reffing is that bad, apart from Poite and Barnes. Clancy is not great but obviously rarely refs any teams I support. JP Doyle and Leighton Hodges should not be anywhere near this tournament as well but Nig, Garces and Jackson are very good and some of those below such as Peyper, Lacey etc are far from hopeless. Joubert is alright as long as there is no prospect of crowd trouble?!?!?
I hate to bash refs but Clancy was Kaplanesque the other night.
Anyone but him in a game that counts!

Status
Not open for further replies.