• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Good article in the torygraph gives some perspective of risks these guys take to entertain us
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ru...ms-has-galvanised-Wales-with-his-courage.html
It is only a bloody game at the end of the day. We all get highly exercised about stuff but think of a lad like Owen Williams or Nevin Spence who played for Ulster and Ireland at junior level who was killed along with his brother and father in a farming accident. Joost etc. There are a rake of wankers involved in the club game in France, England and at the Scottish rugby union but the international game is not in a bad place IMHO.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Think garces managed advantage well and helped make the game a classic. Barnes got better but he was all over the place for first 30 mins. Didn't see peyper. Clancy was pants as usual

And he wasn't flustered by the closeness of finish or the fact that an upset was likely. He just reffed two rugby teams and let the players decide the result.

Peyper was ok, but a howling error to award England a penalty try from a maul when it should have been a penalty to Fiji for truck and trailer.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
No, at International level I really don't think the standard of reffing is that bad, apart from Poite and Barnes. Clancy is not great but obviously rarely refs any teams I support. JP Doyle and Leighton Hodges should not be anywhere near this tournament as well but Nig, Garces and Jackson are very good and some of those below such as Peyper, Lacey etc are far from hopeless. Joubert is alright as long as there is no prospect of crowd trouble?!?!?

Jackson is only good in a one-sided match where he just just run around and give a penalty now and again. When it's close and the intensity lifts, he freezes in the headlights and becomes a spectator with a whistle.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
its 808 in the morning another 12 hours, don't know if my old nerves will hold out till then.:confused:

I know how you feel... thankfully I have my own game to play today which will keep me distracted for a bit, but from about 4 till 8 will be go so slow!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
It's that time, the day of England game when I can't see any way we can lose. I am often wrong, but right now I FEEEEEEEEELLLLLL GOOOOOD!!!!

IKEA-Gnome-20140317051844273.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom