• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
In order to control my inner gnome and think about how far we've come I went digging round yewtube for clips from the bad old days. Found this which has to rank as just about the low point on the rollercoaster that is welsh rugby. Was even worse live and came afer wed lost to half of Samoa! Should lift some of the gloom yew bois seem to be suffering! I noticed the Namibian coach Phil Tulip Davies was playing this game

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4Q3ywwAGoVChMIu8Ku54KZyAIVQXumCh0T3gTS&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK521QzDHhE&usg=AFQjCNEECHMjXvcJK1pLKHAuPOs2aYP4Cg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For all the criticism that has been heaped on Lancaster for picking Burgess, England were still up by 7 points when he came off the field.

I certainly think the mistake was picking Barritt at 13 and he just wasn't good enough in that position.

My take is that Lancaster's mistake was not trusting in Henry Slade to play 13 once Joseph got injured against Fiji.

The big turning point of the match was Ben Youngs' injury. He was playing brilliantly prior to that.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Haven't seen that angle before, looks bad from there, when they told Williams he had to leave the field he replied, why I was only knocked out,

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
You're right, it makes no sense - particuarly when the French emphasise staying square so much and the penalties relate to the scrum twisting.

My take on it is that they're just not looking at the LHP's role in all of this.

Of concern for us should be that the AR on the English LH side was Poite.
Poite doesn't care about scrums boring in. I have seen scrums he refs boring in from both sides and the hookers ending up with purple heads because they cannot breathe.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Fists of Iron, Carter.

blood-stone-1607392.jpg

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Looks like the win over England on the weekend has moved Wales up to #2 in the world rankings. Looks like we will be the underdogs two weeks in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.