• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: ENG v WAL (Twickenham): POOL A

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
At the time of the draw, they were ranked 3, 5 and 9. It looks pretty well done to me, based on that.

You can't have the draw the week before the tournament starts, lol.
It's a by-product of doing it 3 years in advance which is completely unnecessary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
How i'm feeling about England today

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdᵊ/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏdə]), also known as epicaricacy/ˌɛpɨˈkærɨkəsi/ is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is taken from German and literally means “harm-joy”. It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages. An English term of similar meaning (but with no noun equivalent) is “to gloat”; which means to feel, or express, great, often malicious, pleasure, or self-satisfaction, at one’s own success, or at another’s failure.[2]

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
At the time of the draw, they were ranked 3, 5 and 9. It looks pretty well done to me, based on that.

You can't have the draw the week before the tournament starts, lol.

We were buggered by coming fourth in rwc. Meant we lost two games on double points. That needs changing. Then poo in 6n that year. The rest is stats

Harv

Herbert Moran (7)
Unfortunately for Burgess and RFU, Orcland have v good backrow forwards already. How much did they spend on him?
England have a very good large backrow but it is not dynamic. I actually think Burgess would have been a matchwinning inclusion as 6 -- or more accurately, at this stage in his development as a 'finisher', coming on as a backrow change for the last 20. He's not a centre, but he's a very good rugby player. I don't think they over spent, however I think they've wasted the investment. Having said that, he's good enough to monster a opposition backline. Just hope he doesn't do it against Australia.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
England have a very good large backrow but it is not dynamic. I actually think Burgess would have been a matchwinning inclusion as 6 -- or more accurately, at this stage in his development as a 'finisher', coming on as a backrow change for the last 20. He's not a centre, but he's a very good rugby player. I don't think they over spent, however I think they've wasted the investment. Having said that, he's good enough to monster a opposition backline. Just hope he doesn't do it against Australia.

but dropping Robshaw would be a big call for lancaster.

A Lancaster always pays his debts

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Our Daughter took off from the recently re-named "Gatland Airport", London yesterday, and landed in Vancouver this morning after watching the Aust. v Fiji match!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
How i'm feeling about England today

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdᵊ/; German:[ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏdə]), also known as epicaricacy/ˌɛpɨˈkærɨkəsi/ is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is taken from German and literally means “harm-joy”. It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages. An English term of similar meaning (but with no noun equivalent) is “to gloat”; which means to feel, or express, great, often malicious, pleasure, or self-satisfaction, at one’s own success, or at another’s failure.[2]

So it would be accurate to say that the whole New Zealand population feels Schadenfreude or Epicaricacy towards Quade Cooper?!

Status
Not open for further replies.