• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
The brief shots from the Arms Park at the end did not look good.

Any crowd number? IIRC the Fox Sports clowns were calling a 60000 crowd at the Arms Park. FFS there was less than that in Auckland!

Now that is rugby tragics. Only the Welsh.

Sorry to be so ignorant - but did Wales fans travel to Cardiff in numbers for this game?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Is France the least deserving side to make a WC final? They lost 2 pool game ffs. I'm not saying they can't win it on there day and cant believe they are one bad game by us or the darkness from taking it.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is France the least deserving side to make a WC final? They lost 2 pool game ffs. I'm not saying they can't win it on there day and cant believe they are one bad game by us or the darkness from taking it.

Dont fret. Neither team tomorrow can plumb the depths of this french side. I am saying they cannot win it, cos they are desgraceful shite

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
You must think the ABs have it tomorrow. In the past we have been very capable at losing to a side like the french. Hopefully that boks victory was a sign of things changing but i will wait until tomorrow to make a final judgement.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
You must think the ABs have it tomorrow. In the past we have been very capable at losing to a side like the french. Hopefully that boks victory was a sign of things changing but i will wait until tomorrow to make a final judgement.

I can't pick tomorrow. I keep wavering between traditional AB dominance and newfound Wallaby steel. It's possible we'll play France in the final, having absolutely gritted it out against the ABS. What the hell do we do then?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

The award for Miss Congeniality (most deserving team) is not engraved on Bill. The Team who scores the most points when the referee blows full time is declared the winner and ends up with their name on Bill, no matter how "ugly" or undeserving the win was.

P

pete88

I can't pick tomorrow. I keep wavering between traditional AB dominance and newfound Wallaby steel. It's possible we'll play France in the final, having absolutely gritted it out against the ABS. What the hell do we do then?

Hope our set piece doesn't get torn up and Will'n'Quade have an on day. Should do it.

I stress the "should"... If we get past the All Blacks, some important things will have fallen in to place, but ffs we lost to Ireland and Samoa this year, do World Cup Champions do that shit? I'll be honest, I think we might get a little bit of a touch up tomorrow, when I feel optimistic about the game it's more because I'm falling back on historical parallels like "we've never been knocked out of a RWC by a SH opponent" etc.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Hope our set piece doesn't get torn up and Will'n'Quade have an on day. Should do it.

I stress the "should"... If we get past the All Blacks, some important things will have fallen in to place, but ffs we lost to Ireland and Samoa this year, do World Cup Champions do that shit? I'll be honest, I think we might get a little bit of a touch up tomorrow, when I feel optimistic about the game it's more because I'm falling back on historical parallels like "we've never been knocked out of a RWC by a SH opponent" etc.

We are more likely to beat France in the final than the ABs are. That's no slight on France, it just seems to be the way the psychology works.

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
Hadn't thought of it that way until you mentioned it Groucho. For the ABs to win from here they have to beat their two bogey teams. Both France and Wallabies have twice removed the ABs from the RWC - so if the ABs do win the cup they will have ridded themselves of several monkeys of their backs

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hadn't thought of it that way until you mentioned it Groucho. For the ABs to win from here they have to beat their two bogey teams. Both France and Wallabies have twice removed the ABs from the RWC - so if the ABs do win the cup they will have ridded themselves of several monkeys of their backs

I will repeat. History is bollocks. Most of this welsh and the australian side were not born or were in primary school when these precedents were set. Why does everyone harp on about it? It's all there for the winner of today's game. Win today and they win the cup.

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)

Worse still, they actually may not have pulled out their one good game of the tournament yet.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
They showed signs vs blacks in first 15, and played fairly vs England. Certainly have some great talent. Be a pretty silly team to underestimate them I think. You can be sure the other finalists won't.

When blacks played them in pools, they rode out the first 15mins then turn the tables, which has merit.

Getting a lead on them then coasting can prove a major cock up.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
They showed signs vs blacks in first 15, and played fairly vs England. Certainly have some great talent. Be a pretty silly team to underestimate them I think. You can be sure the other finalists won't.

When blacks played them in pools, they rode out the first 15mins then turn the tables, which has merit.

Getting a lead on them then coasting can prove a major cock up.

Difficult to judge them vs Orcs who were woeful. better measure is vs Darkness, tonga and us. By any effective measure they are a rabble that is clearly not training properly and has decided plan A is to win via field goals and penalties. Way to go. Hit them early and get a lead of a converted try or ramp up pressure via penalties. then when they are forced to think beyond plan A they will fall to pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.