• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Levremont has just thanked his players thus "a bunch of spoiled brats. Undisciplined, disobedient, sometimes selfish. Always complaining."

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Levremont has just thanked his players thus "a bunch of spoiled brats. Undisciplined, disobedient, sometimes selfish. Always complaining."

Well, channelling their anger towards him seems to be working, so why not?

Is he still banned from their training sessions?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Seems so. Not sure what training theyare actually doing?

Les Bleus training techniques is covered on another thread with the inside scoop from Inside Shoulder. Taking a leaf from Renault F1 1970's style, their training is Camembert Cheese and Champagne and stuff all else. Sign me up!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sluggy, guess this classic piece means coach and team are not communicatiing still

"The problem is we are not world champions yet and we just qualified for the final. This reminds me of 1999 when there were four days of celebration for the semi-final."

- France coach Marc Lièvremont was furious on Sunday when he learned some of his players had disobeyed his orders by going out to celebrate their RWC 2011 semi-final win over Wales. He is worried about a repeat of what happened at RWC 1999, when the French famously came from behind to beat New Zealand in the semi-finals, then crashed 35-12 to Australia in the final. Lièvremont is speaking from bitter experience; he played in both of those matches.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The time space continuum is being manipulated by your fecking Gwald gnome. 1987 RWC History is scarily repeating itself in so many ways here.

Get your fecking gnome under control. He has done his work. We don't need him here any longer.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The time space continuum is being manipulated by your fecking Gwald gnome. 1987 RWC History is scarily repeating itself in so many ways here.

Get your fecking gnome under control. He has done his work. We don't need him here any longer.

Gnome will love Friday's game. Oh the irony is just up his street

P

pete88

SOOOOO who does everyone want to win the big dance? I'm a bit at a loss. NZ deserve it and I *gulp* actually like Richie McCaw and don't particularly hate any of the ABs, but I know I will say "I wish they didn't win the RWC" more over the next 4 years if the ABs win.

No doubt this would be the biggest and best choke in history if they screw it up, that's for sure.

T

tranquility

Now I know France is NZ traditional bogey side, but just to get the history in place. The Frogs beat them in 1999, 2007 and they won of the matches in tour in New Zealand in the last couple of years as well.

Is this the extent of it? or does the history of upsets run further back in history?

Thanks in advance

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Really have found myself not caring about who wins this game. I recognise that the Kiwi's deserve it for years of dominance but something about a French victory makes me find myself cheering on the Frogs. Luckily, I think only rugby can win this game, it's a showpiece for the sport and thank god South Africa or England aren't participating.

Good luck to both, may the best team win.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Now I know France is NZ traditional bogey side, but just to get the history in place. The Frogs beat them in 1999, 2007 and they won of the matches in tour in New Zealand in the last couple of years as well.

Is this the extent of it? or does the history of upsets run further back in history?

Thanks in advance
1994 was a big one. They hammered us in NZ and nearly cost Jonah a place at the 95 world cup. Imagine a 95 world cup without Jonah, scary if you ask me. Not so much for the english

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is France the least deserving side to make a WC final? They lost 2 pool game ffs. I'm not saying they can't win it on there day and cant believe they are one bad game by us or the darkness from taking it.

I reckon they are. Their performance against Tonga was disgraceful, the game against Japan only marginally better

J

Jay

I reckon they are. Their performance against Tonga was disgraceful, the game against Japan only marginally better

There's also the fact that they've basically played only one good half of rugby in the entire tournament (the first half against England). They barely turned up in the first half against the AB's and only woke up once the game was lost. They got handed a winning hand in the semi and did their best to squander it. They lost to Tonga, ffs.

Now, I'm never gonna take a match against the French for granted (in both 99 and 07 they got hammered by the AB's in lead up matches) but they've had a pretty ordinary tournament.

F

François

I think it's gonna be one of the two following things.

Either it's a scrappy game, where NZ is feeling a lot of pressure and start choking, while France do their best possible Poms impersonation. In tat case they could have a 10% chance at getting a lucky victory "a la Welsh game".

Either rugby takes over, and we're in for the highest scoring finals in the history of the game, with the All Blacks humiliating a very poor and clueless french outfit.

My money is on that second option. And screw the fact that I'm French. I'll cheer for my national team when we actually have a team and players worth cheering. I'm not one to be support a team just cause I like their colors. Right now we've got a bunch of unskilled lucky spoiled brats who shouldn't even have been out of pool stage and the fact that they wear the blue colors actually makes me ashamed. Australians should keep in mind that regardless of your loss in the semi, and regardless of Deans' sometimes questionable game plan or selection policies, you actually have a very exciting, very skilled, and very committed group of young players that's full of promise, on top of coach with a proven track record. God I envy you guys.. Want to swap ? ^^

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think it's gonna be one of the two following things.

Either it's a scrappy game, where NZ is feeling a lot of pressure and start choking, while France do their best possible Poms impersonation. In tat case they could have a 10% chance at getting a lucky victory "a la Welsh game".

Either rugby takes over, and we're in for the highest scoring finals in the history of the game, with the All Blacks humiliating a very poor and clueless french outfit.

My money is on that second option. And screw the fact that I'm French. I'll cheer for my national team when we actually have a team and players worth cheering. I'm not one to be support a team just cause I like their colors. Right now we've got a bunch of unskilled lucky spoiled brats who shouldn't even have been out of pool stage and the fact that they wear the blue colors actually makes me ashamed. Australians should keep in mind that regardless of your loss in the semi, and regardless of Deans' sometimes questionable game plan or selection policies, you actually have a very exciting, very skilled, and very committed group of young players that's full of promise, on top of coach with a proven track record. God I envy you guys.. Want to swap ? ^^

Bien dit, francois. Ils n'ont aucune chance.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A fantastic gesture of sportmanship from the Frogs:
New Zealand will play the final in their traditional black strip despite France, who will be in white, winning the toss for choice of colours. Historically, shirt colour was never an issue between the two countries with France wearing navy blue and New Zealand black. But the decision of Nike to develop a darker blue shirt for the 2007 World Cup caused problems ahead of a quarter-final clash against New Zealand in Cardiff. Eventually France played in blue and New Zealand an unfamiliar grey in a dramatic match the French won 20-18. France team manager Jo Maso said his side were happy to change, this time, as a mark of respect for the hosts.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/r...es-to-budge-20111017-1ltdo.html#ixzz1b4bljZdZ

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
A fantastic gesture of sportmanship from the Frogs:
You are right IS, French have said this and is a good gesture, but toss hasn't been made as yet. Mind you last time French and NZ met in NZ in rugby WC final NZ played in White and gave them a touch up, so Jo Maso might be using the old noggin.

J

Jay

You are right IS, French have said this and is a good gesture, but toss hasn't been made as yet. Mind you last time French and NZ met in NZ in rugby WC final NZ played in White and gave them a touch up, so Jo Maso might be using the old noggin.

The AB's wore black in 1987, the French were still wearing their classic blue jersey back then - no clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.