• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC FINAL - New Zealand vs France

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pete88

Gee it's good to know you can still get under some Kiwis' skin with choking comments! Already bricking it about playing England at Twickenham with 80,000 toffs murdering "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", no doubt.

For the record, Weepu choked, Woodcock was outpointed and Cruden was quiet. The other 19 guys had good or great games I thought.

J

Jumpers

I still think they choked big time, only luck and the home ground advantage got them through. They'll never win it off home soil! 24 more years boys! :fishing

Correction the Wallabies chocked Big time to Ireland and then the ABs smashed them! So get over it. Four more yrs Auuies!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Correction the Wannabes chocked Big time to Ireland and then the ABs smashed them! So get over it. Four more yrs Auuies!

Not sure what chocking is but if you mean they choked against Ireland you're wrong: they were playing like headless chooks not because of the pressure but because they have no idea what Deans plan is/was/will be....you can't choke without a head I reckon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P

pete88

Correction the Wannabes chocked Big time to Ireland and then the ABs smashed them! So get over it. Four more yrs Auuies!

I suspect that is an attempt to gloat, which would no doubt really upset Wallaby fans if they could only understand the language it's written in...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I don't think any Aussie on here thinks we deserved to win it....nor have we carried on for 24 years as if we were entitled to it by divine right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
For the record, Piri Weepu was a doubtful starter after suffering an injury during the warm up. Probably explains why he performed below par and also had trouble landing kicks.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It might help explain it but he didn't look visibly hobbled and I don't think the injury made him kick out 10m over the touch line alá Quade at the start of the seond half. He was well and truly rattled IMO - but thanks for the info

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Jumpers is a serious troll, let it go lads.

Have only really recovered from yesterdays game now and upon watching the replay I was quite impressed with the french performance. Dusautoir was easily best on ground and would have to be challenging Kaino for best blindside in the world. Those two and then daylight I think. Harinordiquy once again stepped up another level as did the majority of the french forwards. I thought Nallet and Pape were exceptional and Servat played one of his best games I've ever seen. The injury to Parra was disappointing but out of the shadows emerged a fly-half for the future. I thought Trinh-duc was one of the best backs on the field for either team, he showed composure and apart from the drop kick he looked fairly solid and always willing to attack. By all reports he is an arrogant player who teammates can't play with but with those types of performances you would have to pick him any day.

Kiwi's were as good as I thought they would be, without playing to their full potential. Nonu was shutdown easily, Kaino had little effect, the kiwi scrum was dominated and for the large part of the second half they looked lost. Needless to say, definately deserved winners I thought, Dagg was exceptional, as were Kahui and Jane, McCaw was everywhere and Thorn was being a pest as usual. Donald played the game of his life, Weepu had quite the opposite.

NZ Ratings:
Woodcock - 7
Mealamu - 6
Franks - 6.5
Thorn - 7
Whitelock - 6.5
Kaino - 7.5
McCaw - 8
Read - 6.5
Weepu - 5
Cruden - 6.5
Kahui - 7.5
Nonu - 7
Smith - 6
Jane - 6.5
Dagg - 8
Hore - 5.5
Franks - 5.5
Williams - 6
Ellis - 6.5
Donald - 7.5
SBWilliams -

FRA Ratings:
Poux - 6.5
Servat - 7
Mas - 7
Pape - 7
Nallet - 7.5
Dusautoir - 8.5 (MOM)
Bonnaire - 7
Harinordoquy - 7.5
Yachvilli - 6.5
Parra - 6
Palisson - 7
Mermoz - 6.5
Rougerie - 7.5
Clerc - 6
Medard - 6.5
Szarzewski - 6.5
Barcella -
Pierre - 7
Doussain - 6.5
Trinh-Duc - 7.5
Traille - 7

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
It might help explain it but he didn't look visibly hobbled and I don't think the injury made him kick out 10m over the touch line alá Quade at the start of the seond half. He was well and truly rattled IMO - but thanks for the info

Sigh!

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
For the record, Piri Weepu was a doubtful starter after suffering an injury during the warm up. Probably explains why he performed below par and also had trouble landing kicks.
Begs the question then, why didn't Cruden takover the goalkicking earlier?

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)

so, Bon, do you think the AB's had got to hold on to what they've got, and it didn't make a difference if they made it or not, they've got each other and that's a lot, for bill, they'd give it a shot?

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
Buggered if I know Nugget. I don't think any team deserves to win, they either win,lose or draw. In this game I think we escaped with a win,but we'll take it and celebrate it. As we all know it's been a long time between drinks.

J

Jay

so, Bon, do you think the AB's had got to hold on to what they've got, and it didn't make a difference if they made it or not, they've got each other and that's a lot, for bill, they'd give it a shot?

Well, they were halfway there.

Status
Not open for further replies.