• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Fiji - Monday 18 Sep 2am AEST

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
One call huh?

As if Australia also didn’t benefit from missed calls

:rolleyes:
It was a massive call. Wallabies get a 5m lineout and it's 15 on 14 for the rest of the game

And it was hardly one call. Fiji was over the ball for 0.00000000001 second and the ref was calling holding on

Fiji were blatantly not retreating from kicks when asked and he did nothing

Ref made sure he wasn't going to be attacked on social media

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
What a fucking disgrace. We’re a joke who get sucked into every other teams game style and get our teeth kicked in for it.

What is Eddie going to do about it? He’s the guy who picked one outright 10 and then hooks him because he’s still very flawed. He’s the guy with a big is beautiful attitude but they get blown apart in the middle. Arnold is a waste of space.

Kerevi is a shadow of what he was before the last Olympics. White is still doing his own shit to the detriment of everyone around him. We don’t have a 7 that can do anything at the ruck at International level.

At least at this rate Lions tickets will be available.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm sorry but people here are clueless? Like, it's not right we have a massive over reliance on two players but if we had Skelton and Tupou we destroy Fiji in tight.

It's like last week never existed.

We have some very good players, but our depth is the pants.

Rennie learnt that as our first team kept ending up in the rehab department and our next best is vaguely super rugby standard

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It was a massive call. Wallabies get a 5m lineout and it's 15 on 14 for the rest of the game

And it was hardly one call. Fiji was over the ball for 0.00000000001 second and the ref was calling holding on

Fiji were blatantly not retreating from kicks when asked and he did nothing

Ref made sure he wasn't going to be attacked on social media
It would have been 14 on 14 if the ref picked up the Wallaby indiscretion.

The Wallabies also benefitted from being over the ball. They just weren’t there enough to get the calls. Foketi got one almost immediately after getting on. And he was right about the calls. Fijian players were very accurate and had hands on the ball, lifting it and showing him a picture of Wallabies not releasing. The Wallabies paid the price for not having the same accuracy.

Lomani got called for not retreating from a kick as soon as he got on and it was very costly because Fiji were in a great attacking position from that kick.

Fiji were too good and wanted it more. The ref had nothing to do with it.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fuck that was a tough penalty though. Valetini bolted out of there and was nowhere near the ruck when Fraser was over the ball. There were numerous times when the Fijians would just touch the ball with their players lying everywhere and get awarded the penalty.
He was very pro Fiji. Most of the times the got on the ball they clearly went off their feet.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
A few hours of sleep haven't helped to dull the irritation. If I had to pick a word it would be the one that old goose John Howard used to use - Hubris.

I wonder if Dave Rennie is enjoying his porridge this morning? Somehow I don't think so, he always came across as a decent bloke - if the roles were reversed though I bet Eddie would be firing on all cylinders.

I sincerely hope to eat my words after the Wales game but I doubt it - Eddie should fly home in cattle class

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
What Wallaby indiscretion?

Colour me shocked that you agree with the ref's calls in this game
I agree with refs calls all the time. I agreed with de Groot’s card in the AB game. I also agree that Fiji should have seen a card.

Watch how Petaia cleans out Botia in the 57th minute. Botia seems to leave the game directly because of this neck roll.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Wallabies were hot garbage today, and it was the basic skills of the game that they were found wanting in. Poor handling, poor kicking, runners being isolated into contact, poor and ineffective clean outs

I don't care who the coach is or what the game plan is, these things are supposed to be bread & butter things for any rugby team, amateur or professional. We are a nation of great athletes and with abysmal rugby IQ
Unfortunately the coach and the game plan goes a lot further to winning a game then just having brilliant athletes / that’s the beauty of rugby it’s quick, physical however game plan is massive
1. We picked jones to come back
2. Jones made the massive Calls to drops plenty of senior players with hundreds of games of experience
3. Made many odd calls including 1 x 10. 1 guy who can play 10 abit so not a 3rd 10 and no senior 10 which most people questioned
4. Picked guys who were struggling to hold a place in their super rugby side
5. The coach decides the game plan so all the box kicking, kicking from petaia most of that is decided early
6. He is now backtracking and realising gorden only was a mistake at 10
7 jones picked the 33 man squad and left out players
8. He picks the 23 man squad and has not got the bench right
9. Picking an inside centre and winger on the
bench and not putting players on at the right times

so yes I believe the Coach and game plan are massive which atm we have no idea what we are doing and placing young guys at risk of failing

Last edited:

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
What Wallaby indiscretion?

Colour me shocked that you agree with the ref's calls in this game
In case you can’t be bothered looking:

IMG_4470.jpeg

IMG_4471.jpeg

Botia stayed down and ended up leaving the field.