• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies v Georgia, Friday 11th October, 9.15pm ADST

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
He’s got one move and that’s straight, at this level it isn’t enough. Kuridrani gives us that and is a far superior defender in terms of technique and reads.

I’m a massive Kerevi fan from his high school days but it’s evident he won’t win us a World Cup. Very one dimensional and still doesn’t look at outside options.
But it did work tonight. He consistently gave us quick ball over the gain line. It’s hardly his fault that the other players kept fucking it up in the next phase or two. And he’s demonstrated he can do it against the ABs & South Africa, so how can you say it’s not enough at this level?

And I won’t get caught up in this again, but while I accept Kerevi doesn’t have the best distribution game it’s better than TKs.

Anyway - we clearly disagree, and I’ve said my bit so I’ll leave it there.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Does Petaia get picked? He probably only had 5 touches. Wasn’t really a wingers game.
I don’t think the decision on whether to pick him would have come down to this game, they’ll already know if they’re going to pick him. Dempsey, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Naisarani same

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Think it'd be hard to go 100% when you know the result has no bearing. Can imagine that they are already thinking about next match against England.

Assuming most of this side is the one that Cheika is going to put out against England, I think they should have had every incentive to go 100%.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
That was absolutely deplorable in so many ways. The set piece was fantastic, but practically every other part was utter shit. Inaccuracy at the breakdown, poor ball security, shit options in attack, no shape. Just fucking garbage.
I think our “wet weather rugby” is just to go into shut down mode. Oh, and drop it a lot. That’s probably the hallmark.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
That game was so bad, Kearns has forgotten how shit we were last year.

Harrison doesn’t even seem to remember how shit we were last week.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
Assuming most of this side is the one that Cheika is going to put out against England, I think they should have had every incentive to go 100%.

Yes I'm sure they weren't purposefully backing off, but you see it in all sports when matches are dead rubbers players can subliminally not go that extra yard/give that extra effort.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Phipps on Ten basically saying the Wallabies gave nothing away at all in that game.

Wet weather football without a kicking game is certainly hiding a few things

Yeh implying it was all part of the plan to keep things close to the chest. Pretty good how they managed to work all those handling errors and a yellow card into that as well.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Yes I'm sure they weren't purposefully backing off, but you see it in all sports when matches are dead rubbers players can subliminally not go that extra yard/give that extra effort.
Correct. And the weardown from the typhoon, etc, they aren’t only pumped to play their own game but the hope from the England/France game etc etc. And the emotions from their personal connections with the players who were most effected. Shit we don’t factor in.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Poor miss on the conversion by To'omua. Well done to Georgia, fought well.

Congratulations to Wallabies, did the job regardless of how ugly. Onto the next one.

So much tripe being sprouted by the Wallabies camp about the last 9 weeks (was it) of practising goal kicking. I would be shocked if any one of the players spent an extra 10 minutes after training to hone their goal kicking skills. Best can be said for To'omua is that his kicks generally go straight, without a hook or a fade. All he has to do is learn how to aim the fucking thing and he'll be up there with the best.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So much tripe being sprouted by the Wallabies camp about the last 9 weeks (was it) of practising goal kicking. I would be shocked if any one of the players spent an extra 10 minutes after training to hone their goal kicking skills. Best can be said for To'omua is that his kicks generally go straight, without a hook or a fade. All he has to do is learn how to aim the fucking thing and he'll be up there with the best.
Seriously? You’re actually that naive to think they don’t practice? They may not be very good but one thing I’m certain of is they try to be their best.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
It’s not like kicking percentages haven’t been down across the board because players are struggling with the ball shape.

See Owen Farrell’s performance against Argentina for reference.