• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 1 WAL v RSA (Twickenham) 18th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xat1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12107836_722416361123927_2201478739513461919_n.jpg?oh=6c7cf54965a7d3ac3afc6ef25aff5f12&oe=56CAFB88&__gda__=1456029428_5987a00598d5bfef4bb99cd3ce55668e

The Queen congratulating Sam on beating England, while Heyneke Offers Prince Phillip a dop and a fag.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xat1/v/t1.0-0/s480x480/12107836_722416361123927_2201478739513461919_n.jpg?oh=6c7cf54965a7d3ac3afc6ef25aff5f12&oe=56CAFB88&__gda__=1456029428_5987a00598d5bfef4bb99cd3ce55668e

The Queen congratulating Sam on beating England, while Heyneke Offers Prince Phillip a dop and a fag.

He's putting the bribe that he has just received to lose against Wales in his pocket. It might have been the crown jewels...

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Since you understand Afrikaans(hopefully):

attachment.php

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
I know the popular narrative is about the fitness of the Welsh, but how many of the likely matchday team would've actually attended the fitness camps? 3/4s? 2/3rds? Half?

My gut says the Boks will wreck them, but yeah. Japan. And Argentina. At home.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
I know the popular narrative is about the fitness of the Welsh, but how many of the likely matchday team would've actually attended the fitness camps? 3/4s? 2/3rds? Half?

That is the problem. We can give the All Blacks a go on our best days, and then lose to Japan the following week. Though those 2 defeats had a big slap of complacency on our side as well - confirmed by the quite comfortable victory in Argentina the very next week, as well as the comfortable recent victories over Samoa and Scotland.

If there is one thing that the Boks certainly won't have in the quarter final, it's complacency. So if we lose, it will be because of Wales deserving it.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wales have got their patsy Barnes.

Have you got O'Wens?
Mind if you have he'd be officiating without his advisors POC and SOB ;). Maybe they can be wired into Nige's microphone to incessantly shout 'Soir, Soir' in his earpiece

Have long thought Nige must be red green colourblind and thinks he's reffing Wales

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Don't understand this post. They were all there all 46

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Boks are a bit of a mystery to me at the moment.

They haven't been as impressive as people are suggesting. The beat a Samoan team that was pretty dreadful for most of the tournament. They looked good against Scotland, but stylistically that was a great match up for them. Scotland didn't have the firepower to trouble the boks. They lost to Japan the only team that had a half decent game plan to combat the boks. Otherwise they really haven't been challenged at all.

With all that said looking at their starting 15 I think they could beat the All Blacks in the semis if they play to their ability. That match is going to be a cracker.

I'm not ruling out a Wales win because they are playing very well as a team at the moment, but on paper it looks like the Boks have them covered in most areas.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
The Boks are a bit of a mystery to me at the moment.

They haven't been as impressive as people are suggesting. The beat a Samoan team that was pretty dreadful for most of the tournament. They looked good against Scotland, but stylistically that was a great match up for them. Scotland didn't have the firepower to trouble the boks. They lost to Japan the only team that had a half decent game plan to combat the boks. Otherwise they really haven't been challenged at all.

With all that said looking at their starting 15 I think they could beat the All Blacks in the semis if they play to their ability. That match is going to be a cracker.

I'm not ruling out a Wales win because they are playing very well as a team at the moment, but on paper it looks like the Boks have them covered in most areas.

I think that the loss to Japan was a wake call, that combined with JDV departing seems to have lead to some soul searching.

Unless they revert to pre cup form and start to suck again i'd say that they will blow wales away. By blow them away i'd say 9 - 12 point victory which is large at this stage of the tournament.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Good to see everyone writing us off. Reminds me of the England game.

Well we're going back to a conventional side this this week. only debate seems to be the same one we're having re: Morgan vs Ook.

No clues from Howley on the FB

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-confirm-george-north-alex-10250860

Who is writing you off.

People are saying what they think will happen. Who will win.

Nobody has said Wales suck. They are a very well coached team.

But with all the injuries and some really tough games plus the Boks out for revenge after last year's result, I also think we will edge it. By less than a score. Is that writing you off? No.

The Boks will be more fresh and the Welsh will be more battle hardened. I think Wales will tire in the last twenty. But are they underdogs? No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.