• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 1 WAL v RSA (Twickenham) 18th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Actually read a conversation where someone analysed Munster games and showed that Munster lose more games with Owens than when he is not reffing
Nigel is the best in the business IMHO and, I am led to believe, that is the opinion of the overwhelming majority of players which is why he consistently refs very good, clean games of rugby. His handling of Tonga V Georgia in Kingsholm was terrific, a right old game for the purist it was and a long way from the fast flowing games Nig is usually in charge of, but he was spot on. As you know, I think refereeing is actually much better than the credit it receives, even Barnes and Poite have been half sensible.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Nigel is the best in the business IMHO and, I am led to believe, that is the opinion of the overwhelming majority of players which is why he consistently refs very good, clean games of rugby. His handling of Tonga V Georgia in Kingsholm was terrific, a right old game for the purist it was and a long way from the fast flowing games Nig is usually in charge of, but he was spot on. As you know, I think refereeing is actually much better than the credit it receives, even Barnes and Poite have been half sensible.

You had me up until Poite. That thing is a Bryce waiting to happen.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

He is a funny bastard as well (Nigel that is).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the game coming to when these guys are getting air time BEFORE the game's even been played?! Let's hope that's the last that's written about them, both before and after the game!

I don't often troll but considering how some people have been getting all lathered up over the nationality of citing & judicial officers vis a vis "their" team's next or future opponent I thought I'd put it out there & see what reaction it got. Pleased to see its been minimal (or maybe I wasn't subtle enough and/ or said people are saving their bile for post-match :))

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Nothing new there. Agree on FdP. He is just unbelievable, Bok legend!

He really is, even at an older age. I just wonder where our next scrumhalf that is half of what he is, will come from. Ruan Pienaar is nowhere near his level. Hougaard is good when he really wants to be, but doesn't happen often enough.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Shameful headline grabbing nonsense.

Is that a tabloid that appeals to the very lowest common denominator in Wales?

Yeah haha. He even mentions in the very next sentence that he's kidding.

I don't care personally. All that matters now, is what happens on the field Saturday.

And the last game between us was 12-6 to Wales, with 0 tries. Expect more of the same, as both teams have conceded 6 tries in 8 games between them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
image.png

Replacements:

16. Ken Owens
17. Paul James
18. Tom Francis
19. Bradley Davies
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Lloyd Williams
22. Rhys Priestland
23. James Hook

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know they used to call Wales the flyhalf factory & I know they've had a lot of injuries in their 11-15 ranks but four seems excessive.........

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Has he brought Jenkins back in because Barnes is reffing? It is amazing how much stronger the Welsh scrum is with Barnes on the whistle, even when tight heads rupture their Achilles' tendons they still aren't responsible for collapsing scrums. If Barnes is as accommodating as he usually is towards the Welsh it might get a touch frustrating for SA, at least I will be supporting Wales this time.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Surprised gethin is back. Glad to see him go with Morgan at unlucky 13 and anscombe at 15. Hope he's practiced his kicking tho. Also glad to see giraffe in the run on side

Status
Not open for further replies.