• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 1 WAL v RSA (Twickenham) 18th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Our back row has its work cut out. I still think Louw is a liability. If he can recover his form of 2 years ago then fine but this year he has been slow and had little impact on the game.

This game needed Brussow.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I think Wales have fired all their bullets in the pool stages though they do have a good record in QF's. SA + 9

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
I think Wales have fired all their bullets in the pool stages though they do have a good record in QF's. SA + 9
Do they have a good record in QF's? They've made 2 out of 7 SF's so far. Perhaps if you ignore the times they didn't even make the QF, their actual QF record would look better.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
Do they have a good record in QF's? They've made 2 out of 7 SF's so far. Perhaps if you ignore the times they didn't even make the QF, their actual QF record would look better.

Well in comparison to say Ireland who've never made it past this stage.

Joeleee

Ted Fahey (11)

They're 2/4 when making it to the QF, while SA is 3/5. That's an interesting stat. For comparison Australia is 5/7, Scotland 1/6, NZ is 6/7, France is 6/7, Argentina 1/3 and Ireland is 0/5

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Can't believe how many poster are riding SA off.

South Africa will destroy Wales.

De Allende and Kriel to tear it up in the midfield and score a hat-trick. De Jager, Etzebeth and Vermulen to tear it up in tight.

Wales have guts but they can't score tries like South Africa can.

SA will probably beat NZ in the semi too ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yep. RSA for me. Don't think it'll be as easy as you think SV but I can't see Wales going through.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
No you don't.

You bleated like a stock piggie when he was called back into the squad and now you praise him.

Better a chicken runner than a fence sitter.
Does this mean I had to flounce from my statement like you often do?

Vok ja I was wrong about him and is vokken glad to be wrong.

Hope it make you feel better.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looks like another shipment of Optimism Gnomes has just arrived!

02%2B-%2BGarden%2BGnome.jpg
This is also selling well in Cmyru.
https://fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xta1/v/t1.0-0/p600x600/12119077_10153369044778999_3490897585101984966_n.jpg?oh=4abf440072ff0bf4286f82321e8c26dd&oe=56CA3A38&__gda__=1452701481_4f4b4c5d090a2d9d2d96f94a03f8eaf5

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

De Allende and Kriel to tear it up in the midfield and score a hat-trick. De Jager, Etzebeth and Vermulen to tear it up in tight.

Boks will prevail but Wales will be relatively successful in shutting them down (as they did to us).

Boks by 2.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

If you'd watched any welsh games Seb you'd know that no one has torn through the welsh midfield for years. Ireland have beaten Wales well by skilful kicking and getting the ball wide. But hey. If South Africa wanna try and burst through the centres then that's a perfect plan

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
If you'd watched any welsh games Seb you'd know that no one has torn rough the welsh midfield for years. Ireland have beaten Wales well by skilful kicking and getting the ball wide. But hey. If South Africa wan try and burs through the centres then that's a perfect plan

Well we scored 38 against you in the first test in SA last year. But the next 2 have been dreary affairs for us.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The first of those probably not as much as the second, as you lost by 1 point - but at least it was much better than the week before. ;)
We should've won the second but for Steve Walsh. That game was the closest I've ever seen to a fix. The first game seem to remember we had no flankers

Status
Not open for further replies.