• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Week 2 - thread for matches without a match thread*

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
So far this world cup Jack Carty has passed the ball 13 times and kicked it 13 times.

Think they missed their injury prone 34 year old fly half Sexton way more than Irish fans would be comfortable with

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Apparently Schmidt is upset that his boys got pinged nine times. Not TWENTY-nine. Not nineTEEN. Nine. In many games 9-6 is the half-time penalty count so I really don't understand what his problem is. As for "we had the same problem last time he reffed us" comment, surely that's a "learning" to be taken on board - adaptation, I think it's called - rather than a post- match gripe?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
After all these 'all European final' projections the angst is most enjoyable indeed.

images

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Irish troll journo a few days ago.........

I'd get hammered for this, and it's absolutely not meant as a shot at rugby as the quarter-finals onwards will be good. But man is the World Cup boring. Seriously. A month of pointless games you could have almost entirely predicted 15 years ago to whittle nine down to eight.

Unfortunately the broken formatting on this site won't let me post the link or the embedded tweet for some reason.........

https://twitter.com/EwanMacKenna

Anyways, that came not long after he posted the usual NH "haka should be banned" windup.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
An Englishman refereeing a match involving Georgians and a team of Spanish speakers. Surprised it's not complete and utter chaos.

Given how many Georgians play in France, and the similarities between Spanish and French, would it not be easier for ol' Barnesy to parlez vous some Francais instead? That or have a whiteboard and explain rulings through an elaborate game of pictionary.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Wayne Barnes has that light-footed bouncy walk of the kid at school who was picked dead last for every single lunchtime sports team.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I'm rather surprised Samoa are at such long odds (~$6.50) given how one-dimensional & generally rubbish Scotland were v Ireland. Might nip down the TAB at lunch-time & throw $20 at it.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
I was amused at just how rattled the Irish looked in the last 20 against Japan. Hardly a ringing endorsement for the theoretical #1 ranked side in the world.

The surrender monkey decision to not even try to get the draw was remarkable, I thought that kiwi coaches would never do that.

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
^ I'm rather surprised Samoa are at such long odds (~$6.50) given how one-dimensional & generally rubbish Scotland were v Ireland. Might nip down the TAB at lunch-time & throw $20 at it.

I'm sure that there's probably an app you can be making use of.