• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi Final - Brumbies vs Jaguares, Sat 29 June, 9:05 am (AEST)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Brumbies are entitled to hit this game with confidence. I'd be looking at some of those kick and kick return options, but otherwise steady as she goes.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Interesting that we brought Wagner and not Ngauamo! Going to be in a world of hurt if either Folau or McInerney goes down. Also strange that we would bring Hansen on the trip when he has literally only played 4 minutes this season, but Ikitau has started games and covers 13 and stays at home?

The team picks itself though, right?
Sio, Fainga'a, Ala'alatoa, Arnold, Carter, Valetini, Brown, McCaffrey, Powell, Lealiifano, Pulu, Simone, Kuridrani, Speight, Banks
McInerney, Slipper, Makin, Swain, Cusack, Lucas, Wright, Muirhead

Looks about right. I'd probably swap Cusack and Brown but it's much of a muchness. Hope they can do the job and the Canes pull off a miracle in Christchurch. I'm due for a trip to the capital.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I watched the Brumbies on the weekend and was pretty impressed. I think they can pull this off. If they starch up in the forward and play smart footy I think they can win. Defence will be absolutely critical of course.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I appreciate that Lonergan is young, and McKellar has done an excellent job of easing promising young players into pro rugby in a slow and measured fashion, but Lucas is a significant step down late in the game. Wouldn't have been my choice.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Beating the Crusaders at Christchurch in the final is as tough an ask as there is in world rugby, IMHO.

How would you go about it? Where are their weaknesses?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Beating the Crusaders at Christchurch in the final is as tough an ask as there is in world rugby, IMHO.

How would you go about it? Where are their weaknesses?

Usually I would just score more points then that did.

Of course its tough, but I would go with forward dominance, don't give them counter attacking opportunities and if we did trust the defense to stand up. Obviously it's going to be a tough ask, all the travel, going to probably the best teams back yard and beating them. But everyone loses games, even the might Crusaders.

But first, we have to put the Jag's to the sword, once we are past that we can worry about next week.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
I appreciate that Lonergan is young, and McKellar has done an excellent job of easing promising young players into pro rugby in a slow and measured fashion, but Lucas is a significant step down late in the game. Wouldn't have been my choice.

I think you are full of it. He was excellent when he came on last week and is one of the most honest footballers going around. We'll have him back in Qld if you don't appreciate him

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Referee: Mike Fraser
AR1: Glen Jackson
AR2: Federico Anselmi
TMO: Santiago Borsani

Two weeks in a row in BA for Glen Jackson. Hopefully he's enjoyed his holiday!

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Gee, if Mike Fraser's Wikipedia profile is anything to go by we could be in trouble:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Fraser_(rugby_referee)

"He needs to invest in contact lenses as he cannot see on a rugby field. A blind bat can see better than him. He is the worst ref in the super rugby conference. If he can get a contract and get paid to ref. Anyone can do a better job than him. World Rugby. I think you need to have another look at him. The worst ref in the world. Invest in contacts. Specsavers might give them to you for free if they see how you ref."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Harsh............

But I thought he did an excellent job last week.

He communicated well with the players and the game flowed nicely......... no controversial calls.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
I think you are full of it. He was excellent when he came on last week and is one of the most honest footballers going around. We'll have him back in Qld if you don't appreciate him

Yep I think that's a great solution. It would make space for White to return to the Brumbies without Powell or Lonergan having to leave.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies: 1. Scott Sio, 2. Folau Fainga'a, 3. Allan Ala'alatoa, 4. Rory Arnold, 5. Sam Carter, 6. Rob Valetini, 7. Tom Cusack, 8. Lachlan McCaffrey, 9. Joe Powell, 10. Christian Leaiifano, 11. Toni Pulu, 12. Irae Simone, 13. Tevita Kuridrani, 14. Henry Speight. 15. Tom Banks. Reserves: 16. Connal McInerney, 17. James Slipper, 18. Les Leulualiaali-Makin, 19. Darcy Swain, 20. Murray Douglas, 21. Jahrome Brown, 22. Matt Lucas, 23. Tom Wright.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sio, Fainga'a, Ala'alatoa, Arnold, Carter, Valetini, Brown, McCaffrey, Powell, Lealiifano, Pulu, Simone, Kuridrani, Speight, Banks​
McInerney, Slipper, Makin, Swain, Cusack, Lucas, Wright, Muirhead
I'd go with that side too Roffy, but it might be a 6-2 bench with Douglas in place of Muirhead.

Brumby Runner with a great call for the bench, but otherwise a team that is as expected.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
JAGUARES: Emiliano Boffelli, Sebastian Cancelliere, Matias Orlando, Jeronimo de la Fuente (c), Matias Moroni, Joaquin Diaz Bonilla, Tomas Cubelli, Javier Ortega Desio, Tomas Lezana, Pablo Matera, Tomas Lavanini, Guido Petti, Santiago Medrano, Agustin Creevy, Mayco Vivas

Reserves: Julian Montoya, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Enrique Pieretto, Marcos Kremer, Francisco Gorrissen, Felipe Ezcurra, Domingo Miotti, Ramiro Moyano

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Well, they pretty much have a Pumas lineup. Every one of those backs are deadly, can't afford to give them any room.