• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi Final Qualifier 2: Crusaders v Sharks: Nelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Sharks started to dominate scrums when Smit came on. Even won a tighthead.

Coinicided with Thorn being replaced for Romano and Crockett's side of the scrum looked quite vulnerable from that point on.

Bismarck is some player. I'd argue that here is no hooker who gets through more effective work that him; he is simply the best in the game and his only weakness is il-discipline which he seems to tidy up somewhat for the Boks.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Agreed, Bismarck is some player. But my comment was in reference to the scrum being weak with Smit at hooker, which it won't be. Scrumming at hooker is one of his strengths.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Can I just say that the Sharks got the roughest end of a very large pineapple from the ref on the weekend? I don't know that it would have made a lot of difference, but jeez they got totally whistled off the park.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
some rumours going around that fourie and duvenage both have serious injury clouds over them but they have been named in the team anyway.

15 Conrad Jantjes, 14 Gio Aplon, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Jean de Villiers, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Dewaldt Duvenage, 8 Nick Koster, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Schalk Burger (captain), 5 Andries Bekker, 4 Rynhardt Elstadt, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 Wicus Blaauw

Substitutes: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Anton van Zyl, 19 Schalk Brits, 20 Louis Schreuder, 21 Juan de Jongh, 22 Johann Sadie

Status
Not open for further replies.