• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semi-finals 2016 - Hurricanes v Chiefs & Lions v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
had a root thru the stats, turns out the team that scores the most tries generally wins the comp. at least in the top 2 for tries.

(try ranking in brackets)

2015 - Highlanders (#1)
2014 - NSFW (#1)
2013 - Chiefs (#1)
2012 - Chiefs (#2) Canes #1
2011 - Reds (#2) Crusaders #1
2010 - Bulls (#1)
2009 - Bulls (#2) Canes #1

this year to date?

76 Lions
76 Chiefs

Canes 4th, Landers 7th

ergo, Canes & Landers are fucked, Lions v Chiefs final, NZRFU, meet your new statistician.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
fuck that shit. just switch allegiances to the Blues. Great to watch. Plus, no one mocks us. You dont piss on crippled childen when they've fallen down the well. No AB's clocking in to coast from paycheck to paycheck til test season. As Confucius once said, "no tall poppy syndrome when it's all gone up in smoke."

BLASPHEMER!

HERETIC!!

WITCH!!!

image.jpeg

BTW there's a special circle in Hell reserved for those (mercifully few) who turn from the true Red & Black path for the false & wicked Blue & White one.........

........It's called the East Stand.

Bazinga!

Reactions: mst

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
As the ramparts crumble around him, I fully suspect Phil Gifford is now making plans to head back to Auckland.

"Looking good for next year, guys. Guys?"

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It is cold, windy and wet in Wellington at lunchtime today. Probably not as windy as last week but colder for sure.

Looks like it may have stopped raining in Wellywood by kickoff but it'll be a touch cool, 8C or thereabouts & a fairly decent WNW breeze of ~ 20 knots.

You got tickets? Or did all the bandwagon jumpers beat you to them?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looks like it may have stopped raining in Wellywood by kickoff but it'll be a touch cool, 8C or thereabouts & a fairly decent WNW breeze of ~ 20 knots.

You got tickets? Or did all the bandwagon jumpers beat you to them?
No, I'll be watching the match with a few beers in front of a nice warm fire :) I'm not sure exactly what the weather will do. As I write this, some two and a half hours before KO, it's still looking likely that most of the fans are in for a decent soaking and the wind hasn't let up. Mind you I'm overlooking the Pauatahanui Inlet, (lovely views of the whitecaps on the inlet) - the weather could be significantly better over the hill.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No sign of rain at the ground ATM.

No, I'll be watching the match with a few beers in front of a nice warm fire :) I'm not sure exactly what the weather will do. As I write this, some two and a half hours before KO, it's still looking likely that most of the fans are in for a decent soaking and the wind hasn't let up. Mind you I'm overlooking the Pauatahanui Inlet, (lovely views of the whitecaps on the inlet) - the weather could be significantly better over the hill.

Yeah, thinking of lighting the fire here, too, temp having plummeted to 20C :)

G

galumay

No need for a fire here in the tropics! About 28 deg at kick off.

Go Chiefs!

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Barret using his Jedi tricks again to control the bounce of the ball with pin point accuracy.

G

galumay

Oh, it can be a cruel game sometimes! Chiefs totally dominating, no points to show for it, Canes cheating repeatedley, and Savea takes play to the other end of the field!

Status
Not open for further replies.