• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Lachie Munro has been named on the wing, Ranger to the bench.

Sent from my transformer using tapatalk

A strange decision. Lam must be hoping he can replicate his last minute try of last game and have doubts on his ability to last the 80. McCalister isn't such a bad place kicker that that could be the reason Munro is in. A big call to make in a knockout where i'd be wanting my best players on the park for as long possible.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Does anyone know if Hynes has a decent nickname?

We're thinking of putting together a banner to wish him well in his recovery and Hynsie or Hynsy look and sound bad and Hyno is just plain wrong.
Marcia.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
A strange decision. Lam must be hoping he can replicate his last minute try of last game and have doubts on his ability to last the 80. McCalister isn't such a bad place kicker that that could be the reason Munro is in. A big call to make in a knockout where i'd be wanting my best players on the park for as long possible.

Which is exactly why Munro would be playing. Brett and McCalister have kicked like crap and Munro has been good.

Makes sense in a knockout game. Need those kicks to land.

Anyhoo, Blues to burgle the game with a last minute score. You read it here first. :)

R

RuckinGoodStats

Which is exactly why Munro would be playing. Brett and McCalister have kicked like crap and Munro has been good.

Anyhoo, Blues to burgle the game with a last minute score. You read it here first. :)

Blues McAlister 70% (48 from 69); Munro 78% (18/23). Brett 50%

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)

Anyhoo, Blues to bungle the game with a last minute scare. You read it here first. :)

Fixed.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
About to hit the pub, and then Suncorp for the game. Hard to believe that as a long suffering Reds supporter I would be making the trip to Lang Park for the semi's in 2011! Kudo's to everyone involved in the Reds setup, just a magnificent effort.

I'm hoping like hell that the magic season goes for one more week, but if it should all end tonight, it's still been a great year. Blues will be very tough and the game is no foregone conclusion as some parts of the media have been trumpeting all week. Pretty embarrassing really, all that over the top one eyed parochialism.

C'mon boy's, fire up...Go the Reds!

A

allitsab

Leaving for the game now - Can't wait, it's been a great year and while of course hoping for the win, whatever the result today can't take anything away from the Reds. Hopefully they can continue the magnificent form through another game (or two)...

R

RuckinGoodStats

Goal kickers: Reds Cooper 70% (68 from 97) Harris 100% (8/8). Blues McAlister 70% (48 from 69); Munro 78% (18/23). #super15 #superrugby #REDvBLU

Drop kick attempts: Reds Cooper 3 from 6, Genia 0 from 2. Blues McAlister 1 from 1 Brett 0 from 1 #REDvBLU

Reds on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 9.6 pens (7); 4.8 pens at ruck (14); 11 missed tackles (15) #REDvBLU

Blues on average (#super15 rank 1=most/highest) per game: 8.6 pens (14); 5.6 pens at ruck (9); 14.2 missed tackles (5) #REDvBLU

Reds v Blues Ref stats: Kaplan forced to award, per game average 18.5 pens (11.3 at ruck) 4.5 scrum resets & 4.5 scrum infringes Reds Blues #REDvBLU

Reds v Blues Ref stats: Kaplan 4 (1=most/highest) from 17 refs to award scrum pens, 11th for pens, F/K and ruck pens #REDvBLU

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I'm very very nervous.

Don't know how I'll cope next week especially if it's against the 'Saders.

G

GC

So nervous. Can't imagine how the players are feeling. Hopefully no brain farts at the beginning of the game and they settle into it.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Nice to see Marto already assuming the ball spilling out at the ruck was something illegal by the blues. Robinson doing good really early on there on his feet (earlier).

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Munro on his feet with no ruck formed and through the gate gets the ball off the ground, plays it back, then Kaplan pulls a penalty out of his own backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.