• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
I am so freaking pumped about the game Saturday night. The game against the Blues was the only home game I missed this season. I went into hospital for some surgery that day and one of my first memories in the recovery room was asking a nurse if I could call my wife to find out the score (which by the way was 27-24 at the time). I must have watched the replay of the game every time they showed it on Foxsports the next few days but I was so pumped up on morphine I can't really remember it. I hope we get the same result this weekend! And it would be nice if they can set another Australian record for Super Rugby crowd attendance.

Hmm, I don't actually have an useful comments to add about the game, although I do like our line-up and think the 5/2 split should work well (as long as our outside backs don't continue to drop at the rate they have been the last few games). Go the Reds!

B

Brisvegas54

3 back but what about the rest?

Does anyone know how far Morahan, Lucas, Harris or even Hynes are? Would any be available for the final if we make it?

The only weakness I can see is Lance and Tapuai..

R

Richard D. James

New vid from the Reds for the finals (apologies if already posted elsewhere)

They are getting better and better at these.

[video=youtube;2_l8iR7x2VA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_l8iR7x2VA[/video]

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
"Which c*nt woke me from my nap?"

higgers from nap.jpg

Great vid

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Why? Should final position on the table give you some advantage or disadvantage?

Home advantage and nothing else. The travel makes it impossible for anyone outside 1 & 2 to win. I don't think it's unfair to have a week break between the finals. The teams who finished top still get the home advantage which is huge in a final. I'd like to see it more even.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Does anyone know how far Morahan, Lucas, Harris or even Hynes are? Would any be available for the final if we make it?

The only weakness I can see is Lance and Tapuai..

I don't think we will be seeing those 3 for the Reds again this season.
I think Taps has done well, and having A.Fainga'a outside him will cover a bit of his defensive problems. And I think Lance has done a solid job, nothing significant but has done what was asked of him

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Home advantage and nothing else. The travel makes it impossible for anyone outside 1 & 2 to win. I don't think it's unfair to have a week break between the finals. The teams who finished top still get the home advantage which is huge in a final. I'd like to see it more even.

Yeh good option but that means the 1 and 2 sides have essentially almost 3 weeks off, which is less then ideal in some cases

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Idealistically I like to see it more like the NRL's finals.

1v6
2v5
3v4

2 lowest ranked losers gone. Redo the positions and the semis are, 1v4, 2v3. Week off and 1v2 for the final.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
come to think of it, I heard this type of music coming from the Reds Gym the other day. Not my kind of music, but again i'm way off the average age in the Reds squad this year.

Gingerbeer

Peter Burge (5)
I didn't think Morahan was too far away and was a reasonable chance of being available for next week but it seems pretty unlikely that the others would be available if the Reds are still in the competition next weekend.

T

TOCC

Idealistically I like to see it more like the NRL's finals.

1v6
2v5
3v4

2 lowest ranked losers gone. Redo the positions and the semis are, 1v4, 2v3. Week off and 1v2 for the final.

I think that's pretty good, I wouldn't have the week off though, just crack straight into it

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A week off is probably too much in retrospect, I wouldn't want to wait that long but I think they need to address the travel factor which becomes pretty unfair. The final should be played on a Sunday arvo however.

Status
Not open for further replies.