• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Semifinal 1: Reds V Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hard to believe after all these years, it was the first time ever that a Reds player scored a hattrick of tries in a match...going by what the commentators said...and what a match to do it!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
deserved win for the Reds, but they need a new kicker. Maybe it's Cooper's silly stance before the kick that puts him off.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
You can't underestimate how important that win was for Australian Rugby. If we are to be serious contenders at the RWC we needed a team to make the final. It would have been gutting for the Reds to drop out, gifting the final game to either NZ or SA.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You can't underestimate how important that win was for Australian Rugby. If we are to be serious contenders at the RWC we needed a team to make the final. It would have been gutting for the Reds to drop out, gifting the final game to either NZ or SA.

Like in '99?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I didn't follow Rugby in 99, so you will have to enlighten me?

If I was the blues, I would be glad to see the back of McCalister too. The guy is a flake imo. I hope the AB's take him to the RWC.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I didn't follow Rugby in 99, so you will have to enlighten me?

If I was the blues, I would be glad to see the back of McCalister too. The guy is a flake imo. I hope the AB's take him to the RWC.

Crusaders-Highlanders final...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Wow, what a game.

Awesome performance from a very young team, the future could be anything.

I only have 2 concerns going into next week, one is obviously QC (Quade Cooper)'s goal kicking, but it is probably too late, I was suprised to hear he has no kicking coach (what is the ARU and QRU thinking???) I wonder if when a penalty is awarded whether the Reds are better off taking a tap and passing it to QC (Quade Cooper) for a drop goal attempt, his % could not be much worse.

My other concern is that when you are 7 or 14 points ahead and in the opponants 1/4 and you get an advantage take the drop goal! Take the 3 points and if you miss you get the ball back. As much as I like seeing tries I want to be 10 or 17 points ahead.

Well done boys, How was the crowd that low? I only saw one section empty and it wasn't 10,000 people missing....is there are mungo conspiracy happening?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I was more commenting on a young team who haven't won a trophy in years (and years). A home final and if they win it, a bit of silver wear would do a lot for the confidence.

R

RuckinGoodStats

Missed tackles for the Reds will be of concern heading into the final. The Reds missed 35 tackles or on average 1 in every 4 attempts. The Blues missed 21 tackles also 1 in every 4 attempts.

The Reds turned little possession into opportunities into points. The Reds had 35% possession in the 1st half and 40% for the entire game.

In the 2nd half the Reds spent 29% in the Blues 22. The Blues spent 9% of the 2nd half inside the Red 22.

21 penalties in the game. The Reds conceded 11, but 9 of these were in the 2nd half.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Missed tackles for the Reds will be of concern heading into the final. The Reds missed 35 tackles or on average 1 in every 4 attempts. The Blues missed 21 tackles also 1 in every 4 attempts.

The Reds turned little possession into opportunities into points. The Reds had 35% possession in the 1st half and 40% for the entire game.

In the 2nd half the Reds spent 29% in the Blues 22. The Blues spent 9% of the 2nd half inside the Red 22.

21 penalties in the game. The Reds conceded 11, but 9 of these were in the 2nd half.
Really, I was going to comment on how good the Reds are at tackling around the ankles, the Stats are against me but surely if a team can sustain 15 phases and not conced a try then they are doing something right

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Really, I was going to comment on how good the Reds are at tackling around the ankles, the Stats are against me but surely if a team can sustain 15 phases and not conced a try then they are doing something right

That period was the best example of the Blues not looking to set the platform upfront FIRST!! While the Reds did tackle very well, the Blues made it easy by just shovelling the ball sideways - almost as if they were waiting for someone to single-handedly break the game open. Someone like Rene Ranger...**sigh**

G

GC

That period was the best example of the Blues not looking to set the platform upfront FIRST!! While the Reds did tackle very well, the Blues made it easy by just shovelling the ball sideways - almost as if they were waiting for someone to single-handedly break the game open. Someone like Rene Ranger...**sigh**

They were very lateral. I was waiting the whole game for Kaino to smash it up the middle but it just didn't happen. His ABs 6 position is under real threat from Thompson.

T

TOCC

Loved the game obviously... Quite drunk right now so gonna leave it at that..

Go Reds

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Always been a fan of Davies and what a game he had tonight. Showed he can step up in the big matches and as the old saying goes - you can't teach speed. Would love to have him on the wing for the Wallabies. Cooper was awesome in attack and no brain explosion. The goal kicking is a worry, it's a shame the two players capable of goal kicking are injured.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
As a reasonably neutral, that was a cracking game to watch. QC (Quade Cooper) was exciting enough for the missus to be talking up leaving the kids with the in laws and flying to Brisneyland for the final. Congrats to the reds fans, hope it all plays out for you

Status
Not open for further replies.