• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SF2: England v South Africa 22/10/23 @ 0800 NZDT

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Whichever of these teams makes the final is going to be physically munted compared to the All Blacks after their semi opposed training run yesterday, and with one less day rest as well.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Whichever of these teams makes the final is going to be physically munted compared to the All Blacks after their semi opposed training run yesterday, and with one less day rest as well.

Both of which will be brought up ad nauseum by their media, supporters & possibly players & coaching staff (the latter less likely in the case of SA) either as mitigation for losing, or making the win extra-meritorious.

Edit: agree with KOB on the sub, Pollard better suited to the occasion & conditions.

Edit: I always thought "munted" was a kiwi thing...

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Poms carrying on like pork chops, armless Owen arguing with the ref & appearing to ignore the instruction to talk to his player... yeah, I'm all in on SA.
I dunno, out scrapping and niggling this filthy Springbok side is quite some feat.

I'm still for England. I can't think of anything less interesting than NZ v SA for a final.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I was hoping that at some stage during the week someone would have explained the laws around the self imposed HIAs?

Calling out a team for misusing concussion protocols is a fairly large accusation. Not saying it’s not the case though.

I doubt it will be analysed in an official public forum.

I’d be surprised if they tried it again though in such quick succession, you’d think it would draw too many eyes particularly if they tried it for the same players.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I don't believe it was premeditated, rather a case of exploiting a loophole they identified & filed away for possible future use if the situation arose, which it obviously did. I suspect WR (World Rugby) will be looking at ways of closing the loophole but I'm not sure how they can without it being seen as a backdown of sorts wrt player safety.

SA knock-on deep in their 22, could be game over here...