• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sharks v Reds Rnd 5 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Veldsman as tmo is a joke that man has no fucking idea. Robbed the Wallabies of a blatant try @ Bloem in 2010, robbed AB's of a try in 2011 with a blatant flaunting of the then rules... Robbed the reds last year....

should be FIRED asap but the SARU are probs but buddies with him

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It stinks - the South African AR's never report anything to the Ref where a South African player infringes even when obvious, but if you're from Aussi or NZ then look out.
All I ask is impartiality

Oh come on please.

Veldsman is a hated species in SA

Any I'll see you a Veldsman and raise you an Ayoub. I have no words.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
PS We can happily start taking officials. The current crop of Aussie refs leave MUCH to be desired.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I don't mean he is in a relationship with them I mean they love it because he is so blatantly biased towards them and its a conflict of interest for them to get rid of him... context @Braveheart81 I am not a homophobe.

Australia's match officials may be shithouse and the actual SA referees on the field tend to take an oversized dump on them but Veldsman is particularly annoying because in my opinion he is the only professional referee in Rugby Union that is not impartial

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Actually it's an issue with the video refs all over the place. Watch the Top 14, Heineken Cup and Premiership and you'll hear commentator going mental over bad calls every week.

Maybe its because they were crap as refs and someone thought it will be a good idea to stick them in a box with a TV screen.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Not that I can find. From what I saw on Friday I would be surprised. He was very 'proppy' in his movements & stairs proved to be a real challange. However I have been surprised before & he might have just had some heavy strapping or a brace on.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Okay you have had your Ref bash for the week!

But remember Rule 6!

6. Play the ball not the man. Personal comments will be deleted and you'll get a card or ban.
This also applies to comments about players, coaches, Referees and other public figures. Feel free to criticize their play and decisions with reasoning, but not slander them as a person.
"Like last weekend, he's always seagulling and it gives me the shits" is OK.
"He's a f*ckwit who'll never amount to anything" is not.
Only a complete knob jockey resorts to personal insults anyway.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Yeah alright, moving back to the game. Will Toua play at 15? can see 'issues' if he is playing there. Will Turner return?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds team to play Sharks in Durban
1. James Slipper
2. Saia Fainga’a
3. Greg Holmes
4. Rob Simmons
5. James Horwill (C)
6. Eddie Quirk
7. Liam Gill
8. Jake Schatz
9. Will Genia (VC)
10. Quade Cooper
11. Lachie Turner
12. Mike Harris
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia
14. Rod Davies
15. Aidan Toua
16. James Hanson
17. Ben Daley
18. Jono Owen
19. Ed O’Donoghue
20. Beau Robinson
21. Nick Frisby
22. Ben Tapuai
23. Dom Shipperley

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
Looking at the squad, I'm a little more hopeful.

It all depends on how well 1-9 play before we can have the awesomeness from 10-15 unleashed though. Hopefully the Shorks come in flat to play an easy game.

Wow, there really isn't a lot of hope is there?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think the only unlucky one is Chibba Hanson who played well against the Cheetahs.

Correct decision to drop Shipperley to the bench. Davies provided far more spark than Shippers has in the first few games.

The Reds forward pack are really going to need to find some mongrel to compete in this one. Players like Horwill and Simmons need to really get amongst it and lead the rest of the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.