• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hmm if I wasn't playing I'd be heading down to check Vicks run around. I'm sure one of our esteemed members can fill us in at some point next week anyway?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Does anyone know how long Chris Malone has been back and how is he playing?

About a week, Cutter. He looked quite sharp at training last night but he is only filling in because Bernard Foley was called up into the Waratahs squad.

Knobby will be involved in coaching at the Club. Already some of the young blokes are in awe of his kicking skills and knowledge after doing a session with him.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
About a week, Cutter. He looked quite sharp at training last night but he is only filling in because Bernard Foley was called up into the Waratahs squad.

Knobby will be involved in coaching at the Club. Already some of the young blokes are in awe of his kicking skills and knowledge after doing a session with him.

How do you think they'll go this week against a rejuvenated Two Blues?

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Thanks Bruce. He's had a pretty successful career for a bloke who never appeared particularly motivated and didn't have much speed off the mark. Clearly he is driven but its not something which is obvious. I can't imagine he ever troubled you for extra gym sessions?

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Somehow, despite making (at one point) 125 tackles to Easts 27 (69% of possession at HT), Norths lead at half-time 19-12. Easts have looked ordinary in attack, and a large part of this has been how woeful To'omua has been.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Somewhat fittingly, To'omua throws a cut-out pass that is intercepted by Cam Crawford for the winner. Norths are up 29-15, despite having having minimal possession and territory. Big win.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
...how woeful To'omua has been.

I can't say how disappointed I am to read this: Matt has the ability to develop into a first-rate Super Rugby player. This year seems to have been somewhat of a disaster for him as Giteau pulled rank and insisted on playing 10 for the Asses; part of me feels they'd've been much better off planning for the future and giving To'omua the time to develop his game. I suppose next year will tell.

Australian rugby NEEDS talented young five-eighths competing for the honour of representing the Wallabies. Blokes like To'omua.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
This year seems to have been somewhat of a disaster for him as Giteau pulled rank and insisted on playing 10 for the Asses; part of me feels they'd've been much better off planning for the future and giving To'omua the time to develop his game. I suppose next year will tell.

To'omua's had more than a few woeful performances this year, which was part of the reason his time with the Brumbies was limited. He was shocking preseason which paved the way for the emergence of Coleman as a starter, and was just as bad when injuries gave him another crack in the 22. I think a lot of his problems from that season ending knee injury he had last year, he just hasn't come back the same player.

S

Shoreman

Somewhat fittingly, To'omua throws a cut-out pass that is intercepted by Cam Crawford for the winner. Norths are up 29-15, despite having having minimal possession and territory. Big win.

Great win by the boys!!! Extraordinary defensive effort from a young side.

It was also good to see Al Baxter and Adam Ashley-Cooper on the sidelines supporting their club.

T

TOCC

AJ Gilbert, he was at the Reds, got shafted quited badly in the Eddie Jones era.. He was promised a new contract, but a change of coaches left him out cold in the last minute, he switched over to League and had a training contract with the Titans, he returned to Union last year playing for Souths in Brisbane and is hoping to secure a Super Rugby contract.

I went and watched the Eastwood v Southern Suburbs game today, was a little bit dissapointed, Souths didnt have half the players they had listed in the game guide. They got touched up by Eastwood big timein the first half, but had a mini-comeback in the second-half and outscored Eastwood but still lost. Both teams were pretty dissapointing IMO, I was surprised by the size of some of the players in both packs, quite small, some of the backs were bigger then the forwards.

Sam Latinupulu? had a pretty good game i thought, just doesnt have the forwards to back him up at the moment.

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
as a supporter of club rugby who couldn't get out to watch his team today, why can't i get scores anywhere?? it's midnight on a saturday and this forum hasn't got scores, more importantly the nsw website doesn't either. it's a joke, much like the fact we might have to sit through 2012 with d.mumm as skipper. piss off uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.