• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
What about Penrith knocking off Easts in 2s yesterday!! They beat comp front runners eastwood 2 weeks ago as well!!
That trip out to Nepean just got worse! hahah

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The flyhalf for West Harbour in yesterday's TV game had some very nice touches. A neat long pass and an unorthodox step that kept him out of heavy contact a few times yesterday. Bolter for the Tahs squad?

Kicked well when he got a good strike on the ball.

I thought that step looked a bit Larkham-esque and it did befuddle the defence on a number of occasions. No comparisons intended overall with the great man, but visually there were some similarities. He actually had a pretty strong game I thought and played excellent field position.

Reactions: DPK
H

high tower

Rats it would be good to get back soon
Pek Cowan
Hugh Pyle
Michael Lipman
Brett Sheehan
Pat McCabe
Mark Gerrard

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Definitely agree, TBH. It's a subtle change in direction that's not oversold, really is quite Larkham-esque as you put it.

Pretty beefy pack for West Harbour, too. Hikila in particular looks like a very solid citizen.

I thought I heard the commentators say that Cummins is 19; is this correct?

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
Is there a list of players coming back to club rugby land??
I heard Nick Cummins is going to Souths instead of Randwick.
Pakalani and Christian Lealafano (spelling?) to the wicks. As is Pat Phibbs, maybe Van Der Glass & Mowen....

W

waves

Rats it would be good to get back soon
Pek Cowan
Hugh Pyle
Michael Lipman
Brett Sheehan
Pat McCabe
Mark Gerrard

What about the Development tours the Force, Brumbies and Rebels are going on. If Those teams go on tour if so I don't see many of them back.

H

high tower

development tours should be that - to develop the bench players and guys who are on training contracts

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
The development tours shit me in one way, but they are the players primary source of income so I can understand why they might be necessary. I just dont hink this is the right time for them. Surely they could find another time as playing in the Shute Shield will help in their development. Also according to the Manly Daily Tyrone Smith to Japan and JP Du Plessis back to Jappieland.

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
got this off another site!!

Ben Alexander - Eastwood - won't play cause of Wallabies?
Adam Ashley-Cooper - Norths - as above
Mark Chisholm - Randwick - injured back later
Huia Edmonds - Easts
Rocky Elsom - Randwick - surely will have to play to prove fitness
Francis Faainifo - Randwick
Ben Hand - Eastwood
Stephen Hoiles - Randwick
Michael Hooper - Manly
Salesi Maa'fu - Easts
Pat McCabe - Warringah
Dan Palmer - Souths
Patrick Phibbs - Randwick
Andrew Smith - Manly
Tyrone Smith - Manly
Josh Valentine - Randwick
Jerry Yanayanatua - Sydney Uni
Danny Cipriani - Warringah
Adam Frier - Randwick
Lachlan Mitchell - Sydney Uni
Tim Davidson - Sydney Uni
Stirling Mortlock - Gordon?
Jarrod Saffy - Souths
Mark Gerrard - Warringah
Nic Henderson - Souths
Peter Betham - Uni
James Hilgendorf - Eastwood
Julian Huxley - Uni
Rodney Blake - West Harbour
Nick Phipps - Uni
Hugh Pyle - Warringah
Richard Brown - Easts
Nathan Charles - Uni
Pek Cowan - Warringah
Nick ***mins - Randwick
Pat Dellit - Easts
matt Dunning - Eastwood
Gene Fairbanks - Randwick
Matt Hodgson - Easts
Mitch Inman - Uni
Alfi Mafi - Uni
Kieran Longbottom - Eastwood
Ben McCalman - UNi
Brett Sheehan - Warringah
Cameron Shephard - Norths
Rory Sidey - West Harbour
James Stannard - Eastwood
Sam Wykes - Warringah
Ben Whittaker - Gordon

That is a massive list of players. I assume the likely wallabies won't play shute shield this season barring injury/match fitness etc. But it looks like the comp will be Eastwood, Uni, Randwick to finish very strongly.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A pretty valid question, I think, is how much should we expect Super rugby and test players to play at club level during the season? I like it personally, but I'd also like to see a few of these guys playing for the Force, Rebels and Brumbies playing in local comps, as opposed to automatically going back to Sydney.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Alot of those guys surely will be involved in tri nations and world cup buildup. And some of the info is just plain wrong an example being Cummins to Randwick. It will be interesting to see the team lists on the NSWRu or Rugby News sites at the end of the week.
The competition is about to go through a bit of an upheaval.
We should also include the under 20 reps to come back in.

Reactions: DPK

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Alot of those guys surely will be involved in tri nations and world cup buildup. And some of the info is just plain wrong an example being Cummins to Randwick. It will be interesting to see the team lists on the NSWRu or Rugby News sites at the end of the week.
The competition is about to go through a bit of an upheaval.
We should also include the under 20 reps to come back in.

There's a few in that list with long term injuries too, I think.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
How bout Hooker Elvis Taione from Manly is on the bench for the tahs this weekend and he's been playing 2nd grade for the past few weeks

Cyril Towers (30)
I would imagine Vickerman would be lining up for Uni against the Two Blues this weekend..................
SUFC 1st XV v Parramatta, Saturday 25th June (3:00pm), No. 1 Oval, Sydney University
1. Aldy King
2. Ben Roberts
3. Sam Talakai
4. Tom Heslop
5. Dan Vickerman
6. Jack De Guingand
7. Josh Ellice-Flint
8. Trent Dyer
9. Matt Schwager (c)
10. Chris Malone
11. Jacob Taylor
12. James McMahon
13. Michael Hodge
14. Will Du Plessis
15. David Dillon

Yep, Vicks is there. Interestingly so is Benny Roberts and Chris Malone.

Status
Not open for further replies.